What job would you choose to have if you could pick any?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 9:43 pm

I am currently studying to be a professor. That job sounds pretty good to me: I research my special interest all day long, and when I have to talk, I get paid to talk about my special interest. How can you go wrong with that?

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 9:47 pm

ASD consultant who works with teens & adults with ASD and their families :)

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 9:48 pm

audio/video restoration tech.

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2013, 12:03 am

Benevolent Dictator.

cmeaspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jan 2013, 12:15 am

I would love to be an actress. :D

cmeaspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jan 2013, 12:17 am

I would love to be an actress. :D

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 1:49 am

I returned to Uni at 40 to try to use my brains to finally accomplish something in my messed up life. I was determined to be an astrophysicist. I KNOW I could do something phenomenal, but the teaching methods at Uni just don't work for me. I have pretty much always been self taught anyway. I was never diagnosed, but this week while doing study participation to earn credit for psychology, I was told I may have asperger's. I chose psyc as an elective, it always interested me because I never could understand people. Now I finally get why.
I am graduating in June unless I flunk psyc, and now I wonder how I am going to get a job that I can do well without mentioning aspergers. I get the feeling it is better to not say it to prospective employers. Problem is that I am honest and hate lies. Being dishonest feels like playing a game when I don't understand the rules.
I have never understood the phrase 'team player'. Now I shall use the phrase 'neurotypical BS' to describe the phrase 'team player'.
I would like to write books that impact society the way that Jules Verne's books did. If I can't navigate my way up the ladder to being an astrophysicist, I can still put my ideas out there that way. Probably more fun to have the freedom of the 'fiction' banner to give me license to go nuts with it. Real physicists have to follow rules and calculate uncertainties. I am not good with uncertainties.

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 2:14 am

Astronomer, cosmologist, or astrophysicist researching dark matter, the evolution of galaxies, exoplanets

Owner of a commercial space company

Pharmacologist developing and researching psychoactives.

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 2:27 am

I wonder what we could do if a bunch of aspergers astrophysics nuts got together with telescope access and a team of neurotypical slaves to do the grunt work. I'll bet we could find the missing matter in the Universe. And figure out gravity. And how many Universes there are. And if its possible to get to another solar system and back in a lifetime.
I know I am an ideas machine. Anything is possible.

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 2:45 am

BlackSabre7 wrote:
I wonder what we could do if a bunch of aspergers astrophysics nuts got together with telescope access and a team of neurotypical slaves to do the grunt work. I'll bet we could find the missing matter in the Universe. And figure out gravity. And how many Universes there are. And if its possible to get to another solar system and back in a lifetime.

:heart: This

Last edited by Dreycrux on 18 Jan 2013, 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 2:55 am

Dreycrux wrote:
BlackSabre7 wrote:

^This

See, I don't know what that symbol means, but my best guess is that it can't be spelled out on this forum because it would not be polite, and that it is directed not at me, but the world. To which I say :twisted:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 2:57 am

^^^
it means he's pointing upwards at you [towards your post above his] in agreement. :thumleft:

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 3:01 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
it means he's pointing upwards at you [towards your post above his] in agreement. :thumleft:

Oh, well that's good too. Slightly less evil, but good.

SuSaNnA
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jan 2013, 3:01 am

Ettina wrote:
A published author and research psychologist. (Both of which are achievable dreams for me, yay!)

Or maybe a biologist doing field research on exotic felids.

Same here.

Lab is ok, but field work better :)

I actually also want to become an eco-tour guide-- I think I can be quite talkative when it comes to explaining different animal species.
Just hope the tourists don't scare me, or the other way round.

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 3:06 am

BlackSabre7 wrote:
Dreycrux wrote:
BlackSabre7 wrote:

^This

See, I don't know what that symbol means, but my best guess is that it can't be spelled out on this forum because it would not be polite, and that it is directed not at me, but the world. To which I say :twisted:

Yup "^" means I agree with you. I even replaced the symbol with a heart so it's more clear. If this was my world we would have space colonies by now and humanity would be spread amongst the stars.

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 3:45 am

Just imagine if all money wasted on everything that it is wasted on (war, politics, million dollar cars, vanity surgeries, god this would be a big list) was spent on space exploration, telescopes. Yeah, my world would do it. And I'd find someone to build me a Data to keep me company.