Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2009, 1:20 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K5lSSTG-90[/youtube]

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 2:01 pm

I think we have every right, maybe even an obligation, to speak out against negative inaccurate stereotypes put out in public. I haven't done any emailing over this ad because I haven't seen it. (I don't have the patience to watch videos over a phone line.) Otherwise I support this campaign.

I am confused though over the ad during the game. Was done on purpose by some hacker as a joke, or was it just an accident? If it was done as a joke, that's very bad indeed. Has anyone asked the broadcaster how it happened? Have they said?

HarryWilliams
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2009, 2:13 pm

Anenome,

The chain of responsibility for this "unprecedented technical error" is long and complex and ends at Ian Gill Transmission Manager, of Technicolor Network Services (Owned by Thompson Media), in London.

I emailed him, asking for him to look into it and got no response.

Buggering about with "TV" is a serious, serious business over here - bad broadcasters can be fined millions.

If anyone wants to ask him, his email is [email protected] , you'll need to include the YouTube url and use the subject line TX Error 04.02.09 STC/TNS

i.e. Transmission Error DATE Southern Transmission Centre / Technicolor Network Services.