Do you hate other people coming over to your house?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2015, 6:43 am

If I´m prepared and tuned in to it - I enjoy it - but unexpected visitors creep me out. I get extremely nervous and confused.

Boo Radley
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2015, 1:09 pm

Yes. For sure. Two of the sounds I dread the most: 1) the phone ringing 2) the doorbell

My in-laws have been in our house since Thursday (don't get me wrong, they are lovely people) and I'm quite restless. I did tell them I have AS and they seem to understand why I keep slipping away to work on the computer. It's a tough line to draw between respecting my AS needs and the needs of being a good son-in-law. Still have a lot of work to do in that area:)

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 3:47 pm

HATE it. A visit has to be pre-planned well in advance. Not least because my executive functioning issues usually mean the place is a mess I wouldn't want anyone to have to see, plus I'm always undressed at home. In the summer I'm in underwear and in the winter I'm in pajamas. I have no intention of hurriedly having to get dressed.

When I know I have either a delivery or a visitor, these things can be worked around; when it's unexpected, that person is just going to have to F off.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 4:48 pm

Yes. Every summer my family goes to Prince Edward Island to visit family, and relatives are always dropping in. I don't like this because I find dealing with people stressful and I would rather just spend time doing my own thing.