Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Roboto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2020, 3:21 pm

I try to get on every jury I can but am always dismissed.
My goal with jury duty is to create a not-guilty verdict for anyone who was convicted of a victimless crime.
drug possession, drug dealing, DUI with nobody harmed... Not guilty in my eyes. It's my way to uphold the constitution.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2020, 8:15 pm

Roboto wrote:
I try to get on every jury I can but am always dismissed.
My goal with jury duty is to create a not-guilty verdict for anyone who was convicted of a victimless crime.
drug possession, drug dealing, DUI with nobody harmed... Not guilty in my eyes. It's my way to uphold the constitution.

I actually agree with this logic.

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2020, 9:43 pm

They sent me a brief questionnaire and had a place to say why I may not be able to do jury duty. I included a Dr.'s note with the questionnaire and they excused me for life 8O

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2020, 10:13 pm

Alterity wrote:
They sent me a brief questionnaire and had a place to say why I may not be able to do jury duty. I included a Dr.'s note with the questionnaire and they excused me for life 8O

I'm going to do the same thing if I ever get called again. I have PTSD as a direct result of being a victim of two different violent crimes and I wouldn't be able to handle sitting on a jury for a trial that was related in any way to violence perpetrated on another. I was called once for a jury selection before I knew I was autistic and my black and white thinking wouldn't allow me to see how the perp might not have been guilty given the basic facts of the case that they laid out. I told the judge I could not be impartial based on the facts as presented and he angrily dismissed me from the jury pool. The perp, a drug dealer, ended up getting off on a technicality but was arrested within two weeks for the same type of crime and was convicted that second time.