Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2010, 9:28 pm

I have always wounderd, are my odd dreams because of I am an aspie or something else? I have had dreams about things and places I never think about or been. I.E I dreamed I went to Utah but was locked in a hallway as the world around me ended.

Am I the only one?

Last edited by mesona on 30 May 2010, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 9:34 pm

I have strange dreams like that, all the time. I wonder the same thing.

Obgeektor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2010, 10:26 pm

mesona wrote:
I have always wounderd, is my odd dreams because of I am an aspie or something else? I have had dreams about things and places I never think about or been. I.E I dreamed I went to Utah but was locked in a hallway as the world around me ended.

Am I the only one?

I had a dream when I was younger where I was having sex with a woman (outdoors in the middle of a country track, don't ask me why). I'd never had sex before, but in the dream I could even feel exactly what it felt like (as confirmed once I had lost my virginity). How do you explain that? That's a more extreme example, but I regularly have quite vivid dreams of places I have never been (often involving people I DO know), stuff like that.

"No man can hold what the darkness can sow" - Agents Of Oblivion - Hangman's Daughter.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 10:54 pm

Obgeektor wrote:
I had a dream when I was younger where I was having sex with a woman (outdoors in the middle of a country track, don't ask me why). I'd never had sex before, but in the dream I could even feel exactly what it felt like (as confirmed once I had lost my virginity). How do you explain that? That's a more extreme example, but I regularly have quite vivid dreams of places I have never been (often involving people I DO know), stuff like that.

there are some psychically-inclined people who say that when we dream, we really are astrally travelling to higher dimensions of reality, IOW heaven and environs where thoughts are manifest as tangible reality and all knowledge is omnipresently ambient. so when you dreamed you were conjugating, your astral body was tapping into the [abundantly full] akashic records of what sex felt like. when you dreamt of specific places, you probably travelled there in spirit, and were fortunate enough to bring that knowledge back to waking reality. i would say you have some psychic power.

Obgeektor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2010, 10:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Obgeektor wrote:

there are some psychically-inclined people who say that when we dream, we really are astrally travelling to higher dimensions of reality, IOW heaven and environs where thoughts are manifest as tangible reality and all knowledge is omnipresently ambient. so when you dreamed you were conjugating, your astral body was tapping into the [abundantly full] akashic records of what sex felt like. when you dreamt of specific places, you probably travelled there in spirit, and were fortunate enough to bring that knowledge back to waking reality. i would say you have some psychic power.

Or smoke enough weed and eat some cheese before bedtime and you get some strange dreams, hehehe. I'm open-minded, I'll admit that much...

"No man can hold what the darkness can sow" - Agents Of Oblivion - Hangman's Daughter.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 10:59 pm

I don't know if it's an aspie thing or not. I probably have weird dreams because I take Risperidone and Xanax right before I go to bed.

Cryforthemoon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2010, 11:03 pm

Obgeektor wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Obgeektor wrote:

Or smoke enough weed and eat some cheese before bedtime and you get some strange dreams, hehehe. I'm open-minded, I'll admit that much...

I hear it works really great when you want to watch the last few minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey and want to get a mind trip. The weed and chees that is. But seeing as how I have never used weed I'm just going by what I have heard.

As for me yeah I have a lot of odd dreams half of which make no damn sense at all and of things I have never done before or to places I have never been to before.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2010, 12:05 am

auntblabby wrote:
Obgeektor wrote:

I hope psychic powers are not the reasons of my dreams, or else I will find my self living in a boweling ally and all my clothing would be from the 1950s(also there would be a law keeping people from talking to me) as for the weed, I never touch the stuff, I like to be in control of my self as much as I can.

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 12:11 am

My dreams tend to leave me thinking in the morning thoughts like "huh!?!?!?"
They make no sense that i can perceive, as such I tend to forget what they were about in minutes, because the concepts were so strange that by the time i'm fully awake i can no longer hold such nonsensical thought in my head.

Heh, maybe in dreams i'm an NT, and my waking mind just can't understand them. :lol:

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 12:24 am

I believe in genetic memory. How does a baby know to cry? How does my dog know how to herd? How does he know to stalk a sheep-like Xmas deer when he has never seen a sheep in his life? Obviously, many (all) of your relatives have had sex, and that's what you remember.

But assuming that's true, you also have the opposite end of things stored somewhere. 8O I really wish I could tap into my subconscious at will.

Anyway, what Temple Grandin has discovered as far as spectrumites and dreams is that we typically are observing things, whereas NTs are more likely to be involved in their dreams.

I think this becomes very telling - I will use an analogy. We watch movies, and NTs act in them. Now movies are recorded, cut, and eventually released to us, and the original interaction is thus separated from us by time and space. Mow imagine that the characters in the movie start talking to us. Perhaps they even walk out of the screen and touch us.

Clearly, such interaction would violate several natural laws. This is how I perceive social interaction. Horribly, indescribably wrong.

But they do not have me

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 12:28 am

mesona wrote:
I have always wounderd, are my odd dreams because of I am an aspie or something else? I have had dreams about things and places I never think about or been. I.E I dreamed I went to Utah but was locked in a hallway as the world around me ended.

Am I the only one?

That's not weird. That is exactly what Utah is like.

LolaCrazy
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 May 2010, 12:40 am

No Mesona you aren't the only one. I have had odd dreams since I was a kid. I often have dreams of landscapes, I guess that's what you can call them. I don't know why I have these dreams but I think I discovered a pattern with them. The pattern I think shows where I'm at in life. If I dream that I'm in a city then I think it means my life isn't goling well. The futher I'm away from a city in my dreams the better my life is. At least I think thats what these dreams mean. I think I had a pretty good idea because back when I was with my last girlfriend I dreamed I went to another world and saw human beigns on other planets!

Thank you for posting this since I think this is a good topic for us. I also have had other dreams like yours. I can go on all night about my dreams but I will stop here.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 1:15 am

astral projections hahahaha. i do believe dreams have a significance to our wellbeing, state of mind, our sub coscious reactions and urges. (afterall consciousness is well regarded as just a by product or abstraction of our brains actions. in other words, a reaction not an action)

I find the science of dreams to be fascinating and even trying to interpret my own dreams. i think writing dream logs is supposed to be a great way of exploring the themes of your dreams more. i tried this tea called tulsa bramhi i think and it gives you rather vivid dreams. it is also called holy basil i think and is quite common in thai cuisine.

Kevin_I
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2010, 1:34 am

I only have only four themes of dreams.

My favorite type of dream are dreams of the prurient nature. I can't have enough of those.

My least favorite type of dream is I'm naked or underdressed in public, or I have bare feet. I hate going barefoot and that's a nightmare to me.

A common dream I have is that it's the middle of the night, like 1 or 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning and the sun is up, even though I'm still in South Dakota and not at a high latitude. In this dream I always go outside and walk around, and the only other people outside are some of my "on-line friends", or my dad are outside in the late night sun. Lately I've been seeing my little sister outside walking around in the nighttime sun. Nobody else is outside though, the gas station is closed, and all of the houses are dark on the inside. One night I had a dream I was in New York City at 1:30 in the morning and the sun was coming up, reflecting in the glass windows of the sky scrapers. This dream really scares me.

The other type of dream I have is a completely bizarre dream. In fact, this dream is beyond bizarre. This dream involves other humans but they're humans who live on other planets. In the dream they can read my mind and download their thoughts into my mind just by looking at me. In the dream, the human alien usually asks where I want to go or what I want to do. Sometimes the alien asks me if it can attach itself to me. If it's a good looking female alien human I'll say yes to it, but I don't understand the dream because saying "yes" makes it disappear.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 1:39 am

I think everyone has odd dreams....

One time I remember having this dream where I was in this desert completely devoid of life and vegetation and suddenly this monolithic wall of mirrored glass appeared before me. As I stared into it I heard cracking, looked up, and saw millions of shards of glass falling. I remember screaming and the feeling of glass sliding through my throat and I was coughing and trying to make myself vomit the glass back up. Then I woke up and there was spit all over my pillow and face *shrugs*.

Now that COULD be related to the fact that Katatonia has an instrumental song called "Inside The City of Glass" or it could be that.....I have issues?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 2:49 am

Everyone dreams.

Everyone has "odd" dreams, in that they're all rather unique as a whole to the person. It has nothing to do with autism, other than a tendency for autistic people to not dream about people or see them clearly.