Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2010, 3:34 pm

i think i may have this

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 4:45 pm

The best way is to have a psychologist with training and experience in Autism Spectrum Disorders, do a full workup on you. There are some online test you can do, but those aren't so reliable as self=diagnosis is never a great idea. Still, that can be a good place to start if you just want a general idea of what may be going on with yourself. There is a thread with many links to those tests.

kiwigoddess
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2010, 5:17 pm

Or, you could float around the forums for a bit, or hop into the chat for a more personal experience. IMHO its not the label that is important its the selfdiscovery and feeling of community. (of finding a place where you fit, for lack of a better term). I love this fourm. I love the debates, the honesty, and the aceptance. I also love it for the controversy and inquisitiveness of its members. Its been said here before, but If you feel like you belong here, you probably do. does that mean you have Aspergers? I dont know. but you may find a more willing and sympthetic ear, and in doing so , help you find yourself. (which is all we are all really trying to do anyway, is understand ourselves and how we fit in the world around us).

Good luck friend. I hope you enjoy your journey. :)

oh, and welcome to WP

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 6:58 am

you do :P i keep telling you every day you do but for some odd reason cause you don't stim with your fingers like my niece do you think you don't. but your leg up and down is stiming. just accept it/ :heart: :heart: :heart: and when i find a doctor i sign you up with me for testing. k
and you have other factors as well.