getting extreemly depressed whenever im sick for too long

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Dpop
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2012, 2:40 am

i cant think properly i hurt all over im doubting every descision ive ever made im angry lonely and want the people around me to f**k off and its goes pretty much the same every time i get sick.
right now its so bad that im contemplating suicide although i know that its only because im sick that i feel this way the depression is so real that i just want to end it.
anyone else get tlike this?
any advice?

Withdrawal
Raven
Raven

08 Nov 2012, 5:42 am

I'm chronically ill so I'm physically sick all the time. I always feel pain, discomfort and am severely limited in what I can physically do.

It does get you down - that's natural. You also adapt, so since (I presume) you're used to being healthy, a minor or brief illness feels worse to you.

How sick actually are you? And are you seeking medical care or treating it in any way? There's no reason you should suffer unnecessarily if a few pain killers may make you feel better.

Your post was a little vague, but I got the impression your being sick doesn't justify the level of depression you're experiencing, is that correct? You shouldn't feel suicidal over being sick unless it's an extreme illness or there's other factors involved.

Do you know why else you would feel this way? It sounds like being sick is more likely pushed you over the edge. You feel bad and everything seems more negative when you're unwell, but it shouldn't make you feel like this and you probably need to address some other problems.

I hope you've calmed a little now. It's certainly not worth being suicidal over - it is most likely that this state is temporary, right?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 1:11 pm

I think most people do. When my brother gets something as small as cold, he's like a bear with a sore head, and he isolates himself away from everyone until he gets better. And he isn't Autistic.

I'm actually the other way round. When I'm unwell (which is not too often, thankfully), I actually become less prone to anger and anxiety, and I kind of like the extra loving attention I receive. When I hurt the base of my spine a few weeks ago and was in pain for a couple of days, I find of felt sad when it got better. It was a strange feeling.

I also enjoy being on my period. Well, before I went on the pill it wasn't very nice, but now I get pains that are bearable, and I don't mind because then I can have an early night with a hot water bottle (if the night's cold), and I feel cosy.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 3:12 pm

I am not a happy camper at all when I'm physically sick - when is more often than the average person.

Asperger's / Autism/ or NT - severe depression is tough as nails. I feel for you - been there. Please chat with your doctor about it - good help is available. Please take care and take care of yourself. :)

Dpop
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Nov 2012, 6:47 pm

thanks for all the reply's guys (and girl).
well to reply to the first post im always at least a little unwell as i have Asthma, i spoke to my physchiatrist a while ago now and he said that because i have ADD Asthma and Asphergers that when im ill it effects my mind more then my body and this has proven to be true.
im on antidepressants/ anxiety medication to counter the side effects of my concentration tablets (although who's to say im not equaly depressed when i dont take the add medication and im just to out of it to notice).
i did the myer briggs and found im an INTP and upon researching it found that this behavour is common for INTP's (but being an INTP is not common).
also when i still went to school i looked at my profile type thing and found that my depression and anxiety are caused by my mix of add and ASD.
because i have such intelectual potential but i have such ahorrendous time accessing it i get frustrated and depressed.

the other factors may have something to do with thesse issues.
1. i recently dropped out of school despite getting straight A+'s in psychology and passing all other classes for two reasons. i developed a form of agoraphobia (people suddenly scared the s**t out of me) and i was getting constant E's in english. when i dropped out it was sudden, we'de just come home from our trip to america as a family but i wont get into that. when we got back mum asked if i wanted to go back to school and i said no and that was that (she asked because she found my a game programming course)
2. when i was around 10 i think i listened to the audio tapes for the cafe at the end of the universe, there is a part where the blonde guy goes to a parralel dimension and goes into a machine that shows you how relevent you are to the universe. for most men they see a tiny red dot on earth which is a tiny red dot in our solar system which is a tiny red dot in our galaxy which is a tiny red dot that you cant even see in our universe. however being in a universe where he was important it was different and bla bla bla. this stuck with me as i realised all was inconsiquensial. although the thought realy doesnt depress me. it actualy lifts me up as i realise im not living life wrong as there is no right or wrong.
3. a few years ago i realised that i will never experience love, now thats not to say noone would ever love me as i know people do love me, what i mean is that i will never love anyone. i may get obsessed with someone for a time but thats probably as close as ill ever come...
not that its neccesarily a bad thing i mean if i were to breed it would exactly be a smart move... but when my big borther who is home now from univercity had his best freind over who i also get along with as he comes over alo and he too is an aspie i hung out with them which only reminded me that ive never realy had a best freind
because ive never met anyone that i liked that much.
but the freind thing happened after the orriginal post it seems.