Does anyone else go through "obsessive phases"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Mar 2016, 5:54 am

For example, the earliest thing I can remember is clicking my fingers about every 15 minutes, and I would keep doing it until it felt "right".
Then it moved on to moving my face muscles really sharply, so that it looked like I was in a lot of pain. I would only temporarily stop once it felt "right", the same as the finger clicking.
Then I went on to jaw clicking, so much that it got stuck sometimes.
Then it was pushing my front teeth back and forth, I did this until they were close to coming out (and they were adult teeth)!

Now I've moved on to tensing my stomach muscles really tightly, again, until it feels right and I temporarily stop.

Does anyone else get this?

I'm not sure if this is stimming, since I bite myself and flap my hands when I stim.
I kind of want to know what this is, or whether it's common in autism.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 2:17 pm

Repetition, My Mon. Sounds like repetitive movement to me. Though it is a cycle, to.