Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

innocuous
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2006, 7:14 pm

Just a quick question:
Is it common for aspies to _not_ have interest in _anything_? I've never had an obsession or a even a special interest at all for that matter. I might be curious of something but as soon as I sit down and concentrate/read up on the subject it becomes too dull to continue without struggling.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello by the way, this is my first post. ;P

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2006, 8:32 pm

Some days I wake up and don't want to learn anything new. I just want to watch TV or goof off on the internet.

innocuous
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2006, 7:38 pm

The thing is I do want to learn, but I have nothing that interests me. Eheh.

SkippyP
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2006, 9:19 am

I've been where you are. My only advice for you would be to continue learning about and experiencing new things. Eventually you should find something that keeps your interest for more than a few weeks. Hang in there.

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2006, 9:56 am

Some days are definitely less ambition-driven. Those days are for us to rest, I think. Don't worry. I believe someday you will have an obsession. Or maybe you already have one, and just don't realize it.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2006, 2:32 pm

When I have days in which I have no choice but to do nothing, I sometimes feel like I don't have any interest in anything.

simon2wright
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2006, 7:18 pm

I have my obsessions when all I can do is learn everything I can about it and then I lose interest in it, as I get older I get fewer obsessions and often find I am not interested in anything, if I do not have an obsession I have no motivation to do anything, I have a few interests that are not obsessions and they include the internet and radio.
Simon.

trapped
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2006, 8:35 pm

innocuous wrote:
Just a quick question:
Is it common for aspies to _not_ have interest in _anything_? I've never had an obsession or a even a special interest at all for that matter. I might be curious of something but as soon as I sit down and concentrate/read up on the subject it becomes too dull to continue without struggling.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello by the way, this is my first post. ;P

Hey innocuous, welcome to Wrongplanet!

Somedays I feel the same as you...and sometimes that lasts for months. Then I find something new to focus on and it goes away. Has there ever been anything in your whole life you have been interested in?