Is It Hard to Get People Not To Touch You?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 7:12 pm

I sometimes find that people want to put their hands on me, even when they're strangers or after I've made clear to them that I don't want to be touched. I think it was less than a year ago when a friend's mother kept reaching towards me to touch my hair, even as I kept saying, "Please don't do that!" and leaning away from her. I finally had to get up and step away from her. The whole time, she kept saying, "I'm not gonna," but she was still reaching more and more towards me. A gay man I used to game with periodically tried to grab me on the back of the neck, even though I told him on several occasions that I didn't like it. He acted offended, as though I were treating him badly (and differently from everyone else), but he never tried to grab other people, and none of them tried to grab me. He knew I was a lesbian, so I was really baffled. (Yes, I'm sure he was gay. But he also grabbed me on the rear end in a book store once, when I didn't know he was there until I turned after he grabbed me.)

So, what's going on? I can't understand this. I've been dealing with it pretty much all my life. Do others have this problem? (I'm small and female, but I don't just have this problem with men, as you can tell from one of the above examples.)

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 7:13 pm

Soon my cattle prod suit will be perfected, and available for purchase.

Details later.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 7:16 pm

You can always tell them you have leprosy. Or poison ivy. Or ringworm.

Frances

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 7:24 pm

I know a lot of people, myself included, who maintain a "rough" image to prevent this. Spikes on your jean jacket, stupid crust punk kind of stuff.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

My mom tells me it's cause I'm just so adorable. -_-

number2
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2011, 7:51 pm

I had a gay dude try to have sex with me a couple of times and I had an anxitey attack
Also when I was living on my own a girl came into my room and started feeling her self up she then someone else came in the room and she left and I remember the whole time I was just lying in my bed like a stone.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 7:54 pm

number2 wrote:
I had a gay dude try to have sex with me a couple of times and I had an anxitey attack

Sorry about that. I had a few too many. :hic:

dogslife
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2011, 8:00 pm

People always grab me to look closer at my tattoos. So damn rude. Granted, I knew it would happen more often when I got them, but that still doesn't give people a right to physically put their hands on me without my explicit permission.

SilverTung
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2011, 8:07 pm

"WHOA, WHOA, WHOA. BACK THE f**k UP!"

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Nov 2011, 8:55 pm

My mom touches me because she knows it bugs me. :roll:

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 9:34 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

I know all about that. :? I've had to threaten to punch her to get her to stop, and suddenly I'm the as*hole.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 9:34 pm

Burnbridge wrote:
I know a lot of people, myself included, who maintain a "rough" image to prevent this. Spikes on your jean jacket, stupid crust punk kind of stuff.

If I try to do that girls would probably just think I'm being more adorable, which means more touching. I know this from expirience.

I seem to be touched far more often than everyone else, and it really irks me. Don't touch me, I don't like it.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Sona_21
Raven
Raven

23 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

Some guy (pretty sure he's gay, and was joking) started hugging everyone in my club yesterday. I wanted to say "no please do not touch me", but to late. I almost freaked out
Today my sister has kept hugging me to bug me. Now I have to deal with it tomorrow (thanksgiving). So just great, hopefully I can hide from the majority.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:14 pm

Jory wrote:
Soon my cattle prod suit will be perfected, and available for purchase.

Details later.

Great! :lol: But I need it to have an on/off switch, so that I can get hugs when I want them. I don't want people to think I never want anyone to touch me. I just don't want to be grabbed without warning or touched by people I've told not to do it. It's like they think I have no rights over my own body. I shouldn't have to say "yes" all the time just because I don't always want to say "no". I should have the right to say one way or the other. It's my body!

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Jory wrote:
I know all about that. :? I've had to threaten to punch her to get her to stop, and suddenly I'm the as*hole.

Yeah, that, in general. (It wasn't my mother. Also, I've never yet actually threatened to punch anyone for it, though I've certainly considered it.)

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

RandomNickname
Raven
Raven

23 Nov 2011, 10:21 pm

My 'friends' always touch me to annoy me. I've told them so many times i don't like it, which is why they do it. -.-

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 11:50 pm

I used to have a hard time keeping my parents from touching me. No matter how many times I pushed their hands off, they still did it. I also had a hard time getting my husband off me and he kept on doing it until I started to get aggressive. So I started to shoved him every time he do it hoping he get the hint and even telling him "don't" didn't work. But mom told me doing that will make him think I don't like him and it should have been obvious to me I wasn't being clear enough to stop touching me. I guess telling them "don't" isn't clear enough or pushing them off. And they say we can't read body language and that things need to be direct for us?

Honestly if someone kept touching me and they were doing it to piss me off, I would start stabbing them with pencils or pinching them and hopefully it would hurt them too much to quit touching me. I used to hit my dad all the time when he keep touching me and he get mad at me. :roll: Then I would yell at him to quit touching me then.