Would NTs in a neurodiverse-majority world...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

drgreen19
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2011, 11:28 pm

be viewed the same way NT culture views us? So would NTs be considered so-called disabled, if they lived in a world where the stats are flipped upside down?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 12:05 am

drgreen19 wrote:
be viewed the same way NT culture views us? So would NTs be considered so-called disabled, if they lived in a world where the stats are flipped upside down?

I'm not sure if you heard of Pizzaro and the Incas?

A band of 40 Spaniards invaded and subjugated a population of millions of urban dwelling Incas. I would not be surprised the minority NTs would do the same to us.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 1:13 am

Neuro-diverse is not AS-superior. It would mean that all people are aware and sensitive of other neurological conditions. What we lack now is understanding. What we will lack in a neuro-diverse society is sympathy and empathy.

But they do not have me

TB
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:01 am

Apera wrote:
Neuro-diverse is not AS-superior. It would mean that all people are aware and sensitive of other neurological conditions. What we lack now is understanding. What we will lack in a neuro-diverse society is sympathy and empathy.

I do not agree, i think empathy and sympathy will increase with amount of neuro diversity. This is basicly saying that multiple races living together wil not adapt to each other and learn to live together but only increase hostility. Humans adapt to their surroundings increased confrontation with weirdness imo will lead to more understanding and acceptance. What causes the lack of empathy and sympathy we have today is ignorance, ignorance is caused by lack of information. THe information people dont get because weirdness and neurological difference is kept in the background. Confrontation with neurological difference will force information uppon people.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:32 am

Normality is about being quick to adapt to changes and the fads that come with those changes. If it flip flopped, they would have to fit in with the majority so even though it would be VERY difficult, they would try to look like us, have our quirky mannerisms, act like us but it would be mostly superficial.

It would basically look like this in small article format.

Imaginary NewsWeek

Sally Anne used to be blonde, get tans, impose her interest of playing with dolls on the other little girls, wear bikini's and be a complete outcast. Nobody would play with her because her perfume had a strong scent, she could not be quiet, she engaged in gossip, had obsessions with movie stars and was in love with a muscle bound movie star. She would go on and on about becoming a cheerleader and refused to do her science projects citing fear of damaged hair as the reason.

She tried bullying another quiet girl into doing her homework for her since she was failing but the quiet girl had alot of other friends who stood up for her using the proper english language making it difficult for Sally Anne to understand. Sally Anne often made up slang in her house and as a result she felt like she was on another planet.

Oneday, she invited a girl named Susan from school to come over. Susan, a straight A student, was frightened to see so many Vogue magazines in the girl's room and the smell of fingernail polish remover made Susan gag. Sally Anne screams "YOU MUST HELP ME!" I'm tired of being a loser and an outcast! I can't cope...this is just to much! Please turn me into you!

Susan was frustrated the whole time trying to teach Susan how to be more like her and started banging her head. At first, Susan's high heeled shoe collection of 400 stayed in her closet until Susan threatened to leave. Susan then was taught how to sell her shoes on Ebay and advertise online a garage sale. All the shoes were sold.

Now Sally Anne is blending in just fine. She still struggles with her school assignments but she has many friends to help her cope so her grades are getting better. Thanks to her one friend who guided her out of the darkness and into the light. There is hope! With a little time and patience, parents and friends have helped their loved ones overcome Blahtism.

Sally Anne Before:

Sally Anne After her AMAZING transformation:

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 3:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
drgreen19 wrote:

A band of 40 Spaniards invaded and subjugated a population of millions of urban dwelling Incas. I would not be surprised the minority NTs would do the same to us.

I'd keep you on cyberdad :wink:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 5:42 am

nostromo wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
drgreen19 wrote:

I'd keep you on cyberdad :wink:

Actually my figures were a wild exaggeration
200 Spaniards
80,000 Incan Warriors

Still...

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 5:46 am

They had guns, horses, armour, much better battle strategies, diseases and a bad attitude (Not that the Incas we're any nicer).

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2011, 6:00 am

"Neuro-diverse" :roll: That sounds so politically correct that it conjurs images of Scandinavian women getting raped by blacks or muslims that don't spend a day in jail because it would be "racist".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 7:01 am

nostromo wrote:
They had guns, horses, armour, much better battle strategies, diseases and a bad attitude (Not that the Incas we're any nicer).

True, the Spaniards, Incas and the Aztecs all had in common a desire for gold and empire.