Being heavily Aspergers and me. Kinda a story.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jhobbs5
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2015, 4:27 pm

Hi. My name is John. I was diagnosed with aspergers in 8th grade. This is going to be a bit of rant, but id like to get things off my chest in a safe place where people understand. that being said....
Im pretty aspie. I took an aspie test and I scored heavily on the autistic side. My iq is around 135 officially tested(Best friend honestly thinks it can be higher. I took the test heavily depressed.)
What aspergers feels like to me is life is a blur, revolving around my one sole interest and getting as good as I can as possible at it. I will daydream about it, obsess, and other people and nothing else exists due to my interest. I also get literally the wrong idea from everything someone says or does. I will forget everything else but know everything there is to know about my interest. I have been obsessed with the following in order, Mario (4 yo) pokemon (up till 13), yu-gi-oh, Halo 3, Fighting games, and now currently, lifting weights (probally a backlash from bullying)
I have been bullied and teased throughout my life. I am also apparently a very good looking aspie which can lend to females being confused by my actions and not understanding me. The teasing evolved into sexual harassment in middle school and high school, and I am often ridiculed for my odd tendencies from females.
I cant remember anything social. I never remember faces and believe that everyone is like this and I think I go invisible when in fact, I am not invisible and my odd behavior is extremely clear to everyone. It is a struggle everyday to conform.
I am wondering if any other aspies feel the same way about having odd sexual interests, obsessions, remember social info, and have similar feelings that I do

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 6:26 pm

I think you'll find LOTS of people on WrongPlanet with whom you could identify.

Lifting weights (as long as you don't do streroids!) is actually not a bad "special interest."

I remember, as a kid, enjoying watching Vasily Alexeyev break all those records. He was a famous Russian weightlifter of the 1970s and 1980s.

1544c
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2015, 10:40 am

I'm constantly switching obsessions(mostly video games), but I was used to be obsessed with:
-Multiplayer online games(like smash bros and mario kart)
-Watch anime
-Play games I haven't played while streaming
-Mod games
-Make videos

Right now I'm looking for idle games because I don't have so much time like I used to and I'm reading "The Witch of Portobello" by Paulo Coelho.
If there's something that is not inside of my "obession range" then I'm not usually interested and tend to forget it quickly.
I have to use reminders on my cellphone everyday(which works fantastic) so I won't forget other things to do.
Don't worry, on the internet you'll many people with different sexual interests(including me), you just have to keep looking.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 12:11 pm

I'm not extreme AS but my obsessions have also changed too over the years. As a kid I have very poor social skills but had no problems making friends until I got older. Then kids just got tired of me because they were older and their interests were changing.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.