Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

I prefer to be romantically involved with...
My own gender (homosexual; gay/lesbian) 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
Both/all genders; people regardless of gender (bisexual; pansexual) 13%  13%  [ 13 ]
The opposite gender (heterosexual; straight) 55%  55%  [ 54 ]
No one at all; or I feel romantic attraction only in a non-sexual way (asexual) 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
I don't know yet. (Undecided; Questioning) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
My gender is non-binary, so none of these options fit. 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Other/More than one of the above. 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 98

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

Someone recently asked me if my asexuality is due to my being autistic, and I said no, it isn't, because plenty of autistics are straight, bi, or gay. But now I'm curious and I'd like to take a poll: Are autistics less likely to be straight and cis than NTs?

Oh yeah, and remember this is the General forum. No explicit stuff please!

And if it matters, let's define "gender" as whatever gender you are, rather than whatever got put on your birth certificate.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Sep 2011, 5:19 pm

I'm as straight as they come. I'm a girl.

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:21 pm

I'd say I'm pansexual. I tend towards being attracted to women, but either gender end or anything in between can be attractive. It doesn't even have to be a feminine looking person, just a good looking one.

But I'm from the depths of the internet. They say that spending time in the depths like I have draws everyone eventually into full pansexuality.

Last edited by Rebel_Nowe on 24 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:22 pm

I'm almost entirely straight. That said, if I really fancied a man I wouldn't be completely against seeing where it went. I might have reservations, though.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:23 pm

I voted "more than one". I am female, and I feel sometimes straight and sometimes asexual.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

entirely straight

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:27 pm

Rebel_Nowe wrote:
I'd say I'm pansexual. I tend towards being attracted to women, but either gender end or anything in between can be attractive. It doesn't even have to be a feminine looking person, just a good looking one.

But I'm from the depths of the internet. They say that spending time in the depths like I have draws everyone eventually into full pansexuality.
LOL, I totally get that. Before the Internet I just figured "meh, I don't wanna get married," but then I realized that there were these people called "asexual" and that it was possible to have a loving relationship with somebody who also didn't want sex; and I realized I didn't care which gender that person was or even whether they had one at all. I still haven't started dating, because I don't think I'm mature enough, but now that I know the possibility exists, it's kind of interesting to consider. I guess when I'm older and better at taking care of myself, I'd want to marry somebody who was also asexual, and have separate bedrooms, and take in foster kids together. I like kids, and if anybody needs a good place to stay for however long, it's a kid in the foster system.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:29 pm

Who do I like? My boyfriend of course!

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:30 pm

I'm gay, and I've described myself as "borderline asexual" before. I'm much more affectionate than horny. Nine times out of ten, I would rather lay on my couch watching TV, using a guy as a pillow, my face buried in his neck or chest, than have sex. If I were in a relationship and only had sex once a month, that would be fine with me.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:31 pm

I'm solidly in "other/more than one of the above". I identify as polyamorous demisexual. Until I was in a relationship everyone viewed me as asexual and until I found demisexual I would actively have refused to answer most polls like this because of never having found a word that describes me at all (and if forced, I'd put questioning).

-I only can feel romantic or sexual interest in people if I already have a very strong emotional connection with them.
-Physical attraction is innately tied to mental attraction. I cannot look at someone and say "that person is attractive", other than if I happen to be interested in someone (rare, but possible), then I would have the reaction "the way this person looks is being themselves and that is attractive".
-The concept of gender makes no sense to me.
-I have only been interested in males, but have had it shown to me that I could be interested in a female via a complicated situation.
-I am incredibly picky on top of the requirement to be emotionally close to people and such, so people would likely never notice, but I also associate with the orientation associated with polyamory.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

24 Sep 2011, 5:32 pm

I voted that my gender is non-binary, but I really should have selected "more than one" as I am also asexual.

I do have romantic attractions, although I am not sure how much I want a relationship with anyone.

retrom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Sep 2011, 5:36 pm

Bi/pan, Im mostly straight but I have no qualms with a cute guy/shemale/etc. Not to mention Im fairly feminine myself.

Willita
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

anyone.. im not picky.. :wink: :lol:

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

I have only found five males attractive, and I have found vastly more females attractive. I don't identify as male or female, so I chose the non-binary option, though I could have also gone with the Other one.

That being said, I am willing to date and/or have sex with someone who I do not find attractive, and just because I find someone attractive doesn't mean I want to date/have sex with that person. Also, I would be fine with being in a romantic relationship with someone who doesn't want to have sex with me.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm

I would rather have a sexual relationship than a romantic one. :mrgreen:

Romance is a nightmare that seems attractive on the surface, but invariably breaks down into pain and suffering. :skull:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 6:20 pm

I picked asexual because I prefer platonic relationships over sexual ones.