14 Year old Special Needs Student Bullied by her teachers

Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 8:43 pm

Dr. Drew is doing an interview with the daughter and father tonight at 9:00 PM Eastern time on HLN you got 18 minutes to tune in. 8)

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

18 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Here's another instance:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/250740/ ... -needs.htm

Teacher abused student, student recorded it. It sounds really vicious, too. That teacher practically screamed at Julio.
I heard about that specific story on one of the Seattle-area radio shows yesterday. The hosts were furious about how Julio was treated.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

18 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
Here's another instance:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/250740/ ... -needs.htm

Teacher abused student, student recorded it. It sounds really vicious, too. That teacher practically screamed at Julio.
I heard about that specific story on one of the Seattle-area radio shows yesterday. The hosts were furious about how Julio was treated.

I heard the very same show, I think. That's where I learned about Julio, at least. And the hosts were quite furious.

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2011, 10:14 pm

I don't even need to look at it...I know you failed!?!? What a B****! With a capital B.

-Skeksis-
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2011, 12:42 pm

This is disgusting behavior. Those teachers should be sacked and forever barred from being in contact with any vulnerable population.

There were some bad teachers when I was in school. I was bullied by them, and I witnessed bullying and neglectful and even racist behavior of these same teachers toward my classmates and friends. This wasn't subtle either. It was quite overt, but everyone just assumed "that's the way it is." It wasn't a special education environment either, but mainstream--and I can only imagine how awful it is being vulnerable in an isolated classroom environment.

I experienced and witnessed students being sworn at, a student being made fun of for his race, a friend of mine being called a liar and punished for a bullying situation involving another student, students being reduced to tears while teachers berated them. My friend was even struck by a teacher in kindergarten for having untied shoes. Looking back, it was unbelievable that anyone learned anything.