Page 4 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

autism_diva
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2008, 5:17 am

I don't know if how I'd fit into this schema exactly. But I think they need to add the Glen Gould type. I suppose he'd be.... genius, artistic, shy on the one hand but also very self confident about his special interests, hypochondriacal, not as domineering as he might seem. Maybe someone else could do a better job of putting his traits together.

I read a lot about Andy Warhol when I was studying art history. There was a really interesting quote from him about how he didn't like to watch himself on candid film (he directed some artsy films, and I can't remember if he acted in them or not, but he was talking about film of how he was naturally, not when acting). He said he looked awkward or nerdy or something like that and it made him uncomfortable to see it. I think a lot of his "confidence" was pure bluff. At his first or one of his first gallery showings he stood like a statue in a corner. He was scared stiff literally, but most people thought it was more performance art.

NeantHumain wrote:
Why did they have to play background music and present the text one sloooooooow sentence at a time when I could read a website at my own pace without listening to music I don't like? (I haven't seen the whole clip yet, by the way.)

How is the "Spielberg type" even to related Asperger's syndrome?
"Sociable, often likes sports, somewhat extroverted, has quite a few friends, usually has an average IQ. Spelling and grammar often quite poor. People can be surprised to find that the person is on the autistic spectrum."

Einstein type:
"Intellectual, high IQ, likely to be skilled on computers, excellent grammar and spelling, likes to be known as an expert on their chosen special interest. May become argumentative with others who they feel are less knowledgeable than they are."

Powell type:
"Aggressive, possibly has PTSD/BPD, intelligent, hostile in general, can become violent at times. May use drugs to relieve stress. Very often bullied in school, and feels that they must be strong and a fighter in order to survive in life."

Numan type:
"Daydreamer, often spaces out, finds other people very hard to understand, and finds they are very often misunderstood. Has many dreams and plans, finds it very, very hard to bond with people. Possibly has bipolar."

Morrissey type:
"Fantasises a lot, feels very separated from people, may have a schizophrenia diagnosis, likes art and creativity especially. Feels a connection with other times in history, feels like a completely unique person on the inside. Can often be called 'Alien' by others."

Nicholls type:
"Hyperactive, energetic, extrovert, tries to make friends often, has no trouble making friends, but then finds them hard to keep for any length of time. People may complain that they are irritating, such as family members, or that they are immature and childish. May be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. Likes to talk to people and does not have a lot of social fear."

Caroll type:
"Passive, very introverted, quiet, shy, very deeply involved in special interests, having friends or relationships is always secondary to special interests. Appears calm outside showing little emotion, but can be anxious on the inside. Prefers to keep all emotions subdued publicly. Very likely to be bullied in school, very rarely gets angry or aggressive.

Warhol type:
"Extremely confident to the point of egocentricity. Thinks highly of themselves, and thinks others should too. Has many ideas and feels that the world misunderstands them. Likes to monologue excessively. Often friendly in formal settings. If problems occur, they can become revengeful and bitter in life. Could have NPD traits."

bunny-in-the-moon
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2008, 7:28 pm

Powell, Numan and Warhol.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 8:12 pm

I liked the music, even if no one else did.

*sulks for a second.*

Powell (Although my capacity for violence is only brought about by very specific circumstances and stimuli... No really. I mean that.)

Mostly these two here, except the schizophrenia diagnosis. I haven't actually been handed that one yet.
Morrissey
Nicholls

and a bit of Warhol.

Psycho me.

*raises hand*

Oh well...

*Goes skipping off*

-Walt Whitman

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 8:33 pm

I'm Powell/Warhol/Nicholls, in that order, I think.

Maybe a dash of Morissey.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 8:34 pm

But I also wonder how you can be a mix of one type...?

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 9:24 pm

I noticed there's no mention of people with one trait that's very strong for me... I absolutely cannot hide my emotions. Me slightly anxious looks like most people in near-panic; I also laugh and cry more energetically than most... I've found myself just grinning at the prof in class because something he said was interesting. I don't think I feel things more strongly than most people; I don't even get swept up in emotion--a part of me is always thinking rationally. It's just that what I feel is always just out there and obvious, and people tend to think I feel those things more strongly than I do. However, I don't show what I'm not feeling, either; so when other people might have a social smile on, I have a rather blank expression that's just my default "calm" face. That seems to make some people think I am upset. Trust me, if I were upset, they would know about it...

I've gone through a few stages of trying to hide emotion. It was always very counterproductive... the degree that I succeeded seemed to be the degree to which I hurt myself trying!

My Aspie personality:
No real social anxiety; but no extroversion, either.
Need the world to be predictable and explainable.
Well-hidden (I hope) narcissistic tendencies that cause no small amount of shame when they show.
Special interests are my strongest AS trait. My life revolves around them.
I need to be thinking about something interesting at all times, which leads to boredom, daydreaming, or hyperfocus in equal quantities.
ADHD-style associational thinking.
Straightforward with other people; feel very betrayed when they are not similarly open with me.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 7:30 pm

hmm... i can sum myself up as follows....

Einstein
Powell
Morrissey
Warhol - other than the confidence, which i completely lack, i can fit here, since i have been called an egotistical prick on occasion.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Lyriel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2009, 4:23 am

Hmmm...

I'm pretty much wrapped up by:

Einstein: High average IQ, loves computers, tries to avoid spelling/grammar mistakes, can really get into special interests to the point where I know minute details. I try to avoid the argumentativeness, but with certain stubborn people, it's avoidable.

Numan: Always been a daydreamer (second grade IEP said to look out for seizures when I space out, heh). Night dreams, if it counts, are usually lucid, and I don't get nightmares (I think it's because of the lucidity - I'm able to control my dream-self and my dream-environment to an extent). Bonding with people has always been an issue. On a related note, bipolar runs in my family; my two closest female relatives (mother and aunt) have it.

Morrissey: I, for certain, do not have schizophrenia (it's one of the first things ruled out whenever I see a new doctor). Like daydreaming above, I tend to fantasize a lot (if only I didn't have epic writer's block...). I'm not the most artistic person, but I enjoy history, and one of my special interests involves popular culture history. As for a feeling of a connection to another time in history, I often wonder what my life would be like 150... 500... 1000 years ago, back during periods where individuals were expected to follow a sort-of perscription for life - gender, class, age, whatnot. Would my Aspieness be a good quality way back when?

But, I digress... :P Yes, I was considered an "alien" by my peers growing up.

Caroll: All applies to me except the subdued emotions. As much as I try to subdue my emotions in many cases, I find it impossible to not burst into tears while under extreme stress.

But anyway, I ramble... good post. :)

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 4:59 am

I'm a mix of Einstein (high intelligence, expecially science), Powell (aggressive and phisically fit to survive), Morrisey (daydreamer, feel link with historical character, feel unique), Warhol (high confidence and creativity).

P.S. I'm not bipolar.

nansnick
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2009, 7:49 pm

Consistently Numan-Morrissey . Though, family members have described me as Nicholls

Live with an Einstein-Warhol father. 8O Kind of conflicting...

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 5:39 pm

I have no problem with the concept. I find it interesting. My objection with this particular proposal is that each personality type has too many different characteristics. This greatly reduces the chance of being accurate. I can start to read one proposed personality type and think that it describes me, and then read another trait within that description which does not. It comes across like a horoscope. It may describe one particular aspie, (i.e. Warhol) but is not likely to describe any others.

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2009, 2:01 am

Combo of Einstein, Morrissey (not a daydreamer though), and Caroll.

INTJ.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 10:07 pm

I just realized that an Aspie coworker of mine is a perfect Spielberg-Nicholls mix

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 10:43 pm

Numan-Caroll pretty much sums me up, mostly.

Bookworm8
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2009, 12:05 am

A combination of Einstein, Morrisey, and Carroll.

-405-
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2010, 12:52 pm

Powell, Numan and Morrissey.