Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DaneClark
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2018, 11:25 am

I am almost over the depersonalization that have been suffering from for years. The only obstacle left I have to face is the fact that the only place that will ever feel "real" to me is all "rigid" and "out of date" (because it's based on the way things were right before I got DP). I would really appreciate it if people could help me come up with some creative ways of dealing with this one last hurdle

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 11:29 am

I support you 100% and feel the same way. I don't know the answer, but let me know if you find out.

Stay strong :)

redsquares
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2018, 8:11 am

Hello op. By "rigid" and "out of date", do you mean that the thing that feels real to you are products of the past that you inherited. do they exist in the current world? Can other people see those things? If they're real to other people too, then maybe view it as a bridge for you to step on and connect with other newer things. :heart: good luck

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 8:23 am

DaneClark wrote:
I am almost over the depersonalization that have been suffering from for years. The only obstacle left I have to face is the fact that the only place that will ever feel "real" to me is all "rigid" and "out of date" (because it's based on the way things were right before I got DP). I would really appreciate it if people could help me come up with some creative ways of dealing with this one last hurdle
Learn to appreciate that which makes you different from the (allegedly) 'normal' people around you. In other words...

Embrace your "weirdness"!

It works for me!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 8:45 am

I went through a weird depersonalization phase. For me it was just slowly adjusting over a period of time until I felt like I was my old self in sync with the world around me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 9:12 am

I sense that Dane wants to go back to the days when he was more "autistic" (i.e., more "rigid") than he his today.

He might want to replicate his autistic focus on things.