Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 1:15 pm

Would you say you were kind and caring, if you saw a child lost in the mall would you help it, an old lady trips do you stop to assist.

In most cases I probably do, unless I'm so oblivious to whats going around me I miss it.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 1:25 pm

Yes, but almost more so because I feel obligated and not because I necessarily want to.. Sounds harsh I guess.. I wiped out on my motorcycle in traffic and the only people to help was the car my motorcycle bumped into.. Someone did roll there window down to ask if I was alright.. A cop drove by and asking her if she could help was like asking someone the worlds biggest favour..

Come to think of it, based on that experience, I dont feel so bad (not like I felt bad)

I'm kind to those who ARE kind though.. I'm definately not nice because 'nice' is normally after something

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 3:05 pm

No i usually don't why because i have no soul.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 4:40 pm

I have a little battle in my head every time something like this happens. I get embarrassed really easily and I don't like 'new' situations, but on the other hand I think about how I would feel if something bad had happened to me, and then I normally end up helping.

Sometimes it's nice to spread some random happiness about, too. For example I usually let people with only a few items into the check-out queue in front of me. It takes little effort on my part and makes them really happy.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 5:16 pm

Honestly it kind of depends on what kind of day I'm having. If everything is going great and I'm happy, then yeah I'll be really nice to other people. If the day just isn't my day, though, well hell it ain't gonna be yours either! :twisted:

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 5:29 pm

I have found 3-4 kids in supermarkets. Feels good to help. Remember being lost as a child myself.

I give my seat on the bus to people who need it. Not always for their sake but for my own sake. You see this old lady with a cane or a crutch standing up, and it's a matter of minutes before she'll fall and break her hip or her leg. And she'll scream and whine, and the bus has to stop and wait for the ambulance. I don't like to see people get hurt, and I don't like to be late, so I'll give her my seat.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 6:09 pm

Sometimes I feel as if I have to help, even if it doesn't concern me. If anyone has ever seen the cartoon "Maya and Miguel", I'm like Maya in most situations (you know what I mean if you've seen it!).