Odd things that you make you feel irrationally angry?

Page 6 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 4:00 am

When people call me childish or compare me to a child in other ways (depends on the context though).

When people say ''stop moaning'' when I'm just trying to express how I feel.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 5:16 am

People continually sniffing instead of blowing their nose.

People saying "you know" between every sentence.

Children shrieking at a high loud pitch.

Leafblowers.

Drivers who tailgate me.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! !

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 10:38 am

People who seem to never stop smiling.
(This one i only see here, in Brazil) People who change "´" for a "h" in words like making an "até" turn into an "ateh".
People who gets too near me while i'm on the streets.
People who scream out of nowhere (like my sister).
Receiving a call on my phone while i'm in the middle of the best part of a song.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 12:29 pm

B19 wrote:
People continually sniffing instead of blowing their nose.

yep.
this right here.
this is probably the most infuriating thing i've read so far.
i don't understand why people do this. it doesn't fix anything.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2017, 4:30 pm

I do the dishes for my family of 8 and I HAVE to stack and organize the dishes before I wash them. I have to wash them in a certain order. This is not OCD this is logic and expediency. My dad who cooks the food in my house always, ALWAYS will just push them on top of each other as loudly as he can and RUINS everything. He claims he doesn't have any room to cook but when he does that there is less counter space then there was to begin with. I swear he just LOVES the sound of dishes crashing together and seeing my reaction (usually trying to keep from screaming at the top of my lungs and breaking every thing myself and saying NOW YOU HAVE 'SPACE') he has broken so many of our dishes by just carelessly pushing them around just to hear some kind of noise. If I didn't keep a lid on the anger THAT causes me, your grandchildren would be learning that America used to have 50 states but now has 47.
Also I hate when people ask me a seamingly genuine question like "what do you like to do?" and then completely don't care a few sentences in and either interrupt or ignore me and talk to someone else. I'm like "Really!? If you didn't really want to know you shouldn't have asked!

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2017, 6:50 pm

-When (usually elderly) people lick their fingers to go through pages in a magazine.

-People in movie theaters that look at their phone instead of watching the movie. The light is so distracting to me, also I wonder why these people won't just like the movie theater if they are so bored. Or if they cannot sit there for some hours WITHOUT writing something on WhatsApp.

-When people write or say certain things about music (like: today's music is just bad, I wish we were in the sixties, when they don't know any of the current releases in rock music and think today's music only consists of Justin Bieber, omg, that makes me so angry just right now when I think about it. I also hate it when people think metal is the only sophisticated kind of rock music, especially if these people don't know Radiohead, which is quite common where I live. I also hate it when metal fans think that electronic music is emotionless or that hip hop is dumb. I also hate it when people say that metal is only noise. I hate it when people say that metal and gothic are the same when they have totally different roots (hard rock and post-punk). I hate it when people think classical music and jazz are the only sophisticated styles in music when they don't even know bands like Sigur Ros. These statements about music make me so angry I sometimes register on a website just to comment on that.)

Last edited by anti_gone on 14 Aug 2017, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:00 pm

Whistling. It doesn't usually hurt my ears or anything, it just makes me angry for no apparent reason. Everything else, I can think of a reason it makes me angry.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2017, 7:03 pm

Also, I guess you people here would hate me :lol:

I sniff instead of blowing my noise, I leave doors, drawers and bottles open (everyone hates me for that), I'm still awake while others want to sleep, I like to sing, I have played music on my phone in public transport on some occasions,

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:05 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Whistling. It doesn't usually hurt my ears or anything, it just makes me angry for no apparent reason. Everything else, I can think of a reason it makes me angry.

Yes. Ouch. Feels like a dentist drill in my brain.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 8:43 pm

Computer glitches (I am not a computer expert in the first place and it annoys me to no end when something goes wrong and I can't figure out why.)

People who don't take care of their animals

Making fun of people with disabilities

Bullying in general

Whistling, especially when people aren't whistling any specific tune, just whistling into blank air

Spitting on the ground

Any kind of piggish behavior-eating with mouth open, licking fingers, smacking gum, chewing in my ear

People who start sentences with "Hey, (my name)" to get my attention.

People who speak to me when standing behind me-it makes me jumpy

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:35 pm

"Advertisement-speak" on British TV.

There is a way that the narrators of TV commercials, and also TV channel announcers speak in the UK, that seems to be the industry standard "way to speak," that annoys the living s**t out of me.

This way uses a downward "tune" to the speech that is like a massive exaggeration of anything you would hear in real speech. Like, if it were the tune of a song, the first 80% of any sentence starts high, and the final words are like an octave lower. EVERY sentence.

Nobody in real life talks like that! It's only heard on TV commercials and when those unseen people announce the next show coming up (why do we still have those people? US TV mostly doesn't have those people....)

It's getting on my nerves so badly that I'm turning off the volume every commercial break, I so do not want to hear that stupid way of talking.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:43 pm

I wish they didn't have commercials or adverts.

I remember getting so aggravated that my golf tournament was interrupted because they were chasing O.J. in the Bronco.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:51 pm

Yep, everything stopped for that Bronco chase, lol!

I don't really mind commercials in themselves, as some of them can actually be quite amusing. Believe it or not, I enjoyed American commercials! I loved the silly ones for Peppermint Patties, like the woman who fantasized about being on a ski slope in her living room! And the "Meow meow meow meow!" song for Meow Mix! I used to sing along and sing it to my cat, lol!

The only one in the UK that I like happens to involve an American guy!

TUAndrew
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2017, 5:57 am

Mark Kermode (BBC arts/film correspondent). I'm sure he's a nice guy in-person, I can't quite put my finger on it but something about him irks me, making me scowl at the TV whenever he's on. Is it his weird name? Or the fact that he looks like a hipster version of Tommy Lee Jones? Am I just jealous of his career? Perhaps we met on a battlefield in a past life?

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 6:09 am

Haha, Mark Kermode is kind of annoying!

I think he also looks like Chris Packham the wildlife guy. They have identical haircuts and similar faces.

TUAndrew
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2017, 6:11 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
Haha, Mark Kermode is kind of annoying!

I think he also looks like Chris Packham the wildlife guy. They have identical haircuts and similar faces.

I like Chris Packham, and he's an aspie.