an emergency i don't know who to call (*monsters!*)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Merculangelo
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2012, 8:15 pm

i have no friends who i can call on the phone. i don't know my extended family phone numbers.

there is an emergency going on but it isn't life threatening.

my mom is alone somewhere else and the place is flooding and our dog is there.

she was also meeting some guy to sell the washer and drier and she pulled out the washer and apparently it started flooding and she called my sister and told her. now my mom's phone isn't working. my sister is riding my bike over there. I'm at home with a fever and hives because i've been sick.

i don't want to call the police because i've called the police before and people got mad at me for doing it.

what do I do?

sorry, this isn't directly about autism, but I have aspergers and i think i don't know what do right now because of having aspergers

JonAZ
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Mar 2012, 8:20 pm

Find the main water shut off valve for the house. I would have a neighbor take a look at the situation.

www.manyperceptions.org

My son has autism.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 8:21 pm

there should be a main shut-off valve for the water. if that doesn't work, perhaps a call to a plumber would be in order. by now, maybe your mom has things under control. you're ill. try not to worry.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 8:24 pm

Don't think the police have a 24 hour plumbing service. Maybe call a butcher if they have a 24 hour plumber service. ( sorry its from a advert lol )

Sure she will be fine just probably too busy dealing with the flood & your sister is going over there.

Sure when your sister gets there you might get a call. Your mom might be too busy dealing with the leak.

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

Merculangelo
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2012, 8:35 pm

my sister just called me and apparently its under completely under control. that's just another huge blow to my immune system right now. ok.

thanks

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2012, 8:03 am

I'd recommend always learning where the water and gas shut-off valves are in any house or apartment one resides in. It's also good to twist them and make sure they move well yearly so that in the event they're needed one knows they work.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 2:26 pm

The time something broke in my bathroom and my house got flooded I called 911. Actually I'm not sure if I called it or the neighbors did. It was a long time ago. They came and shut it off. I knew where the shut-off was in the apartment but I wasn't strong enough to turn it.

If they were mad too bad for them. It was call them or let my downstairs neighbors get flooded even more than they did.

I didn't know where the main shut-off valve was in the basement and was too scared of my basement to go down there anyways.