What other Aspies has become paranoid about.

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2012, 2:05 pm

Distracted drivers, especially those who are using their cellphones instead of focusing on the road.

Pedestrians who will start to jaywalk at any moment. In some neighborhoods, this is a real concern as people are too lazy to walk to the nearest crosswalk and wait for the walk signal.

Being fired. While that has never actually happened, it's still something that I worry about.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

-Psychiatrists.
-Politicians
-Telemarketers
-People under the age of 35.
-Influenza pandemics
-That a minor cut, scratch, or even a hangnail could infect me with flesh-eating bacteria.
-The air quality in my home.
-Bedbugs (were practically unheard of for decades because of highly toxic DDT. Now that DDT is banned bedbugs are coming back. You can't win)
-That my parents will pick up a deadly disease or bedbugs when they take vacations down south. Or die in a plane crash. Or be killed by terrorists.
-When the temperature outdoors gets over 20 degrees C.
-Sticky, humid summer weather.
-Going out in the summer sun.
-Pit bulls. (suddenly turn into vicious killers without any warning or provocation)
-Pit bull owners (someone gets savagely mauled and they always say "oh my sweet widdle babies wouldn't hurt anyone.)
-Rottweilers. (Was once waling down the road doing absolutely nothing wrong and came close to becoming food for several loose rotties without their owners).
-Homes for people with mental illness (I have frequent dreams about somehow being back in one with no idea how or why I got there and desperately want to go back to my apartment but can't)
-Public schools of any kind (Also revisit them a lot in my dreams).
-Toxic mold hidden in my home that could give me dementia.
-Losing my ability to walk and climb stairs due to arthritis in my knees.
-Crowded places where there are people coughing violently.
-That my parents could be killed by a drunk driver during the winter holidays.
-Being too dependent on my parents.
-That I am possibly the only adult who doesn't have a job and yet has enough money to get by each month because of my parents and the government (mostly my parents), and the only real reason is because of my "problems" and that people won't believe I deserve it because I don't look and act like what their idea of a person with autism or mental illness is (some drooling, babbling psychopath).
-That my lifelong dreams of becoming a professional cartoonist or children's book writer/illustrator will never come true.
-That someone else in my apartment building will start a fire and destroy everything I own.
-That every single thing I eat will either make me fat or sick.
-Having a heart attack while exercising in an attempt to lose weight.
-Suffering malnutrition from not eating enough fruit and vegetables every day but just can't.
-Getting diabetes from anything sweet.
-Fad diets
-Climate change
-The world ending.

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 4:57 pm

LostOn Earth....I would copy your whole list minus all the dog paranoias. I only trust animals.

I would like to add the internet. I have to say....as convenient as it is...and even though I use it...it makes me paranoid.

Imweird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2012, 5:20 pm

Someone mentioned fire. When I was a kid I went through a phase where I didn't want the family leaving the house because I was so afraid that we'd come home and find it burnt to the ground. This caused so much anxiety that the whole time we were out visiting, I wouldn't have fun because all I wanted to do was go home and check on the house. Then as we drove up in the car, I closed my eyes until we pulled into the driveway and nobody in the car had said "Oh my God, the house is gone!!"

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 7:28 am

The only things I can be considered "paranoid" about are germs and my employer discovering my ASD.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 10:17 am

Not being able to live by myself,if I have to live in an institution I plan on offing myself
Something happening to one of my pets
Fire,right now wildfires
Being helpless
Having to drive in traffic
Holidays
Car breaking down in a strange place
Sick people coughing
Crowded stores or any public place
Cancer
Travel(I don't fly)
Visitors that don't leave
Being stranded somewhere and I can't get home
Movie theaters
Climate change and chemical pollution

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 6:56 pm

Things that I am actually paranoid about, in the true definition of the word:

The police/legal system
The collapse of the United States
Being invaded by another country
Nuclear warfare
Movie theaters (don't think going to the movies will ever be the same after the Aurora shooting...)
People laughing at me

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

I try to defeat my paranoias on sight.
Despite that, I'm pretty sure I'm paranoid about a lot of things without realizing that I am paranoid.

That's right...if you know you're paranoid about something, then it can no longer be called paranoia.

NatureLover
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2012, 3:56 pm

-People walking by my apartment (I get the feeling they will steal from me if I don't close the curtains of my windows)

-Cops
-Doctors
-Loud people, especially when they swear too much
-People who are insulting other people and bullies
-Slugs, snails, and worms (molluscophobia)
-Too many sex scenes in movies (we don't need all that)
-People vomiting or vomit itself (emetophobia)
-People talking too much about sex
-Large crowds
-When someone knocks on my door
-People who look suspicious