Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 6:32 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Well not every Aspie likes being different, and some of us wants to fit in, and so being different is not a good thing when you have phobias of being judged (as you can sort of tell by my signature). I've managed to make it so I can pass off as normal, didn't know I now look different. No wonder I get black looks from other women.

I've got a feminine shape figure, not sure about my stupid face, some mirrors it looks rounded, other mirrors it looks long and narrow. Same goes for photos, depending on which way the light is.

My point is mostly just that there's nothing WRONG with it.

I'll ask this: When you look in the mirror normally, what do YOU think of your appearance? That's the bit that's most important with this.

And it's worth keeping in mind that, no matter what you do.... you cant please everyone. There's going to be some that just dont like the way you look, regardless of how you look. And that doesnt just apply to you, it applies to absolutely everyone. Again though, most important is what you think about your own appearance. And if there's something you dont like, you can work to change it.

I can understand the phobia of being judged, though. I get that one myself as well. It can be pretty nasty.