Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tantopat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2012, 4:19 pm

A few days ago I went to have my hair cut for the first time in years, and decided that rather than keeping it at its usual near-waist length, I would have it cut short (just above my shoulders). At the time I was really pleased with how it looked, and I still am, but the change of it all is also starting to affect me. While I'm usually okay with coping with minor to medium changes, this feels like a bit too much for me, but there's nothing I can do to change it now. I know in time I'll get used to it, but until then it's starting to feel rather strange and uncomfortable to me, due to sensory differences as well as the change in my appearance. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, and can they suggest any ways of coping?

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 4:40 pm

I have the same haircut for 20 years now, hair above my schoulder, but always in a braid.
Hair falling into my face or onto my neck or schoulders makes my scratching my face and neck and schoulders all the time, my skin reacts on it as sensitive as on clothes.
I do not like to change anything about it and I do not like to go to a hairdresser, I went only 3 times in my entire life.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 6:46 pm

Well, you wouldn't probably like my method. I'd grab my own scissors and start cutting my hair again into my own unique creation so that I'd be comfortable, since I did it. :D

And yeah, my hairdresser thinks I'm weird. 8)

You should see what I've done with my hair to get it to look right for Star Trek events when going in character ... :o

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." -- REM

Sharkgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2012, 6:59 pm

Have long hair now but used tO have it very short. Can't handle any hair on my face at all feels so tickilish. Can't handle going To the hairdresser always cut it myself.
Do it get the scissors out and start experimenting.

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 7:28 pm

It usually takes about 2 weeks for it to "feel right," so tough it out for another 10 days or so.