Getting mistaken for someone on drugs!

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SomethingWitty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2012, 11:19 am

Yeah, you read that right! People always say that my vacant expression is similar to the face someone would have when theyre completely off their face :lol:! And im not sure if this is an aspergers thing, its probably an anxiety symptom actually, but my pupils dilate to a MASSIVE size when im in social situations making me look even more out of it.
I sometimes even feel that maybe my brain is 'on drugs'. It would explain the deja vu, the time distortions and lack of spatial awareness. I also have weird tics and tremors and can 'feel' my brain working. If I had synesthesia, I wouldnt need to take any drugs, my brain would be drugged up enough without them! :P
Does anyone else get comments like 'are you high?'?
Or does anyone feel as if their brain is 'on drugs' as I put it?
Thanks!

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 11:57 am

Makes me wonder if people don't think I'm on drugs because I can get very disoriented when under stress. That, along with my eyes frequently being bloodshot and having dark circles around my eyes that look like black eyes from a distance might give someone that impression. It doesn't help I have poor motor control, have a low tolerance for alcohol and am extremely tall and lanky: one time I was expecting to get thrown out of a bar because I had a whopping one drink and couldn't stand straight.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 12:19 pm

I've been told that before. A guidance counselor in high school that was always honest with me said that if she didn't know better, she would have thought I was high. (This was before I ever smoked marijuana for the first time) And as far as weed is concerned, it never really had much of an effect on me, since I'm already like that anyway. The only thing too much weed would do is turn me into a slow witted stoner, so I learned not to have too much,and since a little doesn't change me, I told my friend to save his weed for himself.

Being socially awkward in a hyper-social way= on drugs, especially if under the age of 30.

Domisoldo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm

People used to tell me I was naturally "high"...

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 1:01 pm

I have felt like I was on drugs because of my memory. But it was the depression doing it and my working memory issues. It was also me being surrounded by loud base that was doing it too with my hearing. But once I broke up with my ex, the problems went away. At my old job, when I moved to day time, the problems went away too because it was more routine and I could function better and maybe because I was eating better. Not enough food can effect your brain too.

Kids have asked me in high school if I do drugs but no one has ever accused me of doing them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

Yeah I get this all the time, even from my own family.

Generally when I did get high everyone thought i was sober.

Funny how that works.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

The other kids in my middle school used to make fun of me saying I was "on crack" all the time because of the spacey far-away look I apparently have sometimes. I do see it in pictures.....sometimes I look really stoned............

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 1:52 pm

I was once accused of regularly showing up to the school computer lab stoned because I couldn't remember people's names, even after seeing them 5+ times, even though the real reason was low face vision.

Most times, though, when accused of being intoxicated in some way, I WAS intoxicated.

AQ: 33

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 2:49 pm

I used to get asked that a lot but never when I really was stoned lol.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 2:51 pm

I've had people think I looked high even though I wasn't when I was a teenager but no one has said anything like that in a while.

birchbark
Raven
Raven

11 Sep 2012, 3:50 pm

hanyo wrote:
I've had people think I looked high even though I wasn't when I was a teenager but no one has said anything like that in a while.

Same here.

onks
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

SomethingWitty wrote:
Yeah, you read that right! People always say that my vacant expression is similar to the face someone would have when theyre completely off their face :lol:! And im not sure if this is an aspergers thing, its probably an anxiety symptom actually, but my pupils dilate to a MASSIVE size when im in social situations making me look even more out of it.
I sometimes even feel that maybe my brain is 'on drugs'. It would explain the deja vu, the time distortions and lack of spatial awareness. I also have weird tics and tremors and can 'feel' my brain working. If I had synesthesia, I wouldnt need to take any drugs, my brain would be drugged up enough without them! :P
Does anyone else get comments like 'are you high?'?
Or does anyone feel as if their brain is 'on drugs' as I put it?
Thanks!

I understand what you mean, this is I guess an anxiety attack, but quite a bad one, one where you don't know at all what to do and you are freezing, then you get these drug kind of tunnel vision, loosing touch to the surroundings kind of feelings.

Normally I am not such in social situations that I get these kind of comments.

Well it could be part of my look on photos...? I dont know actually.

Maybe also a normal symptom of anxiety

Last edited by onks on 12 Sep 2012, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 4:30 pm

Yeah, that is one reason I don't think I would make it through a job interview.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 4:36 pm

Back when I was in junior high/high school, people used to ALWAYS assume I was high on marijuana. For the record I have never touched a single drug (including alcohol) in my life, but people always assumed because I had chronic dry/red eyes and kind of droopy eyes. Luckily now that my face has gotten slightly older it no longer has a 'high' look lol.

Crankbadger
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2012, 4:53 pm

Yeah, I had the nickname "stoner boy" as a kid cuz I looked stoned all the time.

PixelPony
Toucan
Toucan

11 Sep 2012, 9:21 pm

I keep wondering if I look like I'm stoned every time I start staring at things in public. Never actually been accused of it though.