Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2012, 10:18 pm

I normally hate being an Aspie. I hate most things about it, the sensery stuff, socail akwardness, obesseions and meltdowns. All of it. But today was good, like really good!! I am a "trainer in training" at a place that trains autism service dogs. I go there once or twice a week and they help me train my own dog and the give me theirs to help train for autisic kids. They only use german shephers, which are my FAVORTIE! :D They plan to start paying me soon because I spend alot of time there, working their dogs. Also I have become the "poster child" for a local collage. They are doing a fund raiser for Dogs For Autism and they wanted an autisic girl with a service dog as the poster child. But they only have little boys, so they offered the collage me, an autisic trainer. The collage took it and they are so excited about it! Its good because Dogs For Autism will get money that they really need right now. I say all this because german shepherd and service dogs are my :heart: OBESSION! :heart: This is the only good thing being an Aspie has done for me. Its big because this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I am happy about this! What good things has being an Aspie done for you?

rixxar12
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2012, 10:52 pm

Kaelynn wrote:
I normally hate being an Aspie. I hate most things about it, the sensery stuff, socail akwardness, obesseions and meltdowns. All of it. But today was good, like really good!! I am a "trainer in training" at a place that trains autism service dogs. I go there once or twice a week and they help me train my own dog and the give me theirs to help train for autisic kids. They only use german shephers, which are my FAVORTIE! :D They plan to start paying me soon because I spend alot of time there, working their dogs. Also I have become the "poster child" for a local collage. They are doing a fund raiser for Dogs For Autism and they wanted an autisic girl with a service dog as the poster child. But they only have little boys, so they offered the collage me, an autisic trainer. The collage took it and they are so excited about it! Its good because Dogs For Autism will get money that they really need right now. I say all this because german shepherd and service dogs are my :heart: OBESSION! :heart: This is the only good thing being an Aspie has done for me. Its big because this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I am happy about this! What good things has being an Aspie done for you?

A superior or over normal intelligence, but still i dont use it, cuz, when i show part of my potential, i get molested, so i usually make myself look less inteligent, like commiting mistakes on purpose, or when i know i can finish an exercise very quickly like in 10 seconds, i probably finish it in 2 minutes or more, to look less intelligent.

So i enjoy being aspie, but i feel like from another world, still havent got that hapiness you are feeling right now, is good what you are doing, congrats, and i just have to wait until something like that happen to me.

cross my fingers.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 5:53 am

Almost every positive aspect of my life/personality could be directly or indirectly attributed to my AS:

AS → logical thinking → maturity

AS → intelligence

AS → negative experiences → consideration for other people

AS → inability to form NT friendships → more meaningful friendships with Autistics

AS → ability to focus intensely on one thing

AS → oversensitivity → superior hearing in comparison to NT's

AS → unique understanding of the world for which I am thankful

I could easily write another list about the negative aspects of AS but it wouldn't be suitable for such a positive thread.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 5:59 am

Kaelynn wrote:
I normally hate being an Aspie. I hate most things about it, the sensery stuff, socail akwardness, OBSESSIONS

Why do so many people on the spectrum hate having special interests? Engaging in my special interest gives me happiness and a sense of security. Surely, that's a good thing?

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 6:08 am

Curiotical wrote:

Why do so many people on the spectrum hate having special interests? Engaging in my special interest gives me happiness and a sense of security. Surely, that's a good thing?

It's not so much having the interest that's the problem, as it is going overboard in your devotion to it.

Also, an obsession isn't necessarily the same thing as a special interest. The two terms are used interchangeably for the most part here on the forum and that usually holds true, but... you can obsess about stuff that isn't related to an interest or hobby. And that, too, can work against you.