What kinds of autism related jobs are there?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lady_katie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 8:43 pm

Psychology has been my special interest for years, and since I got diagnosed with AS, I've been focusing in on autism with a great deal of intensity. It seems like the natural thing to do would be to consider working in the field. I think that I am mainly interested in working with high functioning adults and/or married couples/families.

I currently have a bachelors degree in fine arts (I'm a graphic designer), but I am considering pursuing a Masters at some point.

I would love to know what I can do with my current degree, and what I could do with a Masters.

Thanks!

bornlie
Raven
Raven

05 Dec 2012, 10:21 pm

lady_katie wrote:
Psychology has been my special interest for years, and since I got diagnosed with AS, I've been focusing in on autism with a great deal of intensity. It seems like the natural thing to do would be to consider working in the field. I think that I am mainly interested in working with high functioning adults and/or married couples/families.

I currently have a bachelors degree in fine arts (I'm a graphic designer), but I am considering pursuing a Masters at some point.

I would love to know what I can do with my current degree, and what I could do with a Masters.

Thanks!

iv'e always thought that jobs that require individuals to be some sort of resource (librarians, teachers, professor, museum curators, tour guides,etc..) would be good for people with AS but yeah there is no evidence so support my claim.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

05 Dec 2012, 11:41 pm

large law firms / big 4 accounting firms.

seriously.