Page 16 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 2:16 am

From what I've heard aspies either tend to fall to either extreme, not caring at all or being a megaprude. I fall in the later category.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 4:14 am

JitakuKeibiinB wrote:
I hate being naked. I am fully clothed at all times. I sleep in jeans and a T-shirt.

I often do as well, though I'm trying to switch to pajama bottoms or at least sweats.

As far as the whole non-prude/megaprude dichotomy, I was definitely a megaprude when I was younger, though I have become somewhat more relaxed and "NT" about it. I'll often have days where I don't wear a shirt, but it's kind of embarrassing to do in front of other people.

pirrouline
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2015, 5:30 pm

I don't mind seeing my body or other people seeing it while changing, but I don't like the feeling of my skin touching my other skin (especially on my legs), so I wouldn't be naked any longer than necessary by choice.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 6:40 pm

it is better to sweat naked than with clothing on.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 3:28 am

I don't like being naked at all. The only time I will be is when I'm taking a shower.

Aside from that, clothes on all the time.

CC_Blossom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2015, 3:34 am

I mostly have clothes on. One notable exception is when taking the shower. I even slept naked before and it felt weird.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 3:45 am

I can't sleep clothed. I always awaken all sweaty.

Ukguy

24 Feb 2015, 4:13 am

I'm not a fan of being nude. I think because I don't like my body very much as it is not very attractive to me. For example I wouldn't do nudity in a public locker room at all. I even get changed as quickly as possible after a shower at home.

I would not be very comfortable seeing other people strut around naked either. Maybe I am just a mega-prude.

I used to be at the extreme where I would sleep fully clothed or wear long sleeved clothes even in the middle of summer. Now I have moved to a more 'normal' place where I will dress more normally.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 4:20 pm

I like being nude whenever I am in the shower, and whenever I am done with my washing process, I plug up the tub and let the water fill up a bit, then I sit down, and sitting in that water feels really nice (in a sensory way). However, in general, I am usually cautious taking my clothes off or being nude, since I don't want anyone peeping at me, especially in my room because I don't have a lock on my door. :oops:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 4:36 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
I don't like being naked at all. The only time I will be is when I'm taking a shower.

Aside from that, clothes on all the time.

Me too. I'm extremely self-conscious and also hate all the different textures against my skin. Better for me to have one constant texture that I know I'm okay with. I also will wear nothing but jeans and T-shirts, with a fleece sweatshirt when it's cold, and one set of pajamas that's tolerable. Barefoot in my house, tennis shoes and socks everywhere else. I also refuse to change in front of anyone else, though a significant part of that now is because I have self-harm scars that I don't want other people noticing, that are normally covered up by my clothing. I went to a summer camp in June, and I hid under my blanket to change.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 7:34 pm

I walk outside at night in my birthday suit :mrgreen:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm

In the summertime at home I am usually just wearing my boxerbriefs. Sometimes after a shower I forget to put on underwear. Visitors have accidentally gotten the full monty before.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 8:14 pm

I always have worn as few clothes as I could get away with. in the military and business world, people routinely overdress for the conditions.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Aug 2017, 1:38 am

I agree, Aunt B! Seems silly to me, although sometimes extra clothes is needed for protection, as in the military or firefighting. But when that's not an issue, they should be able to dress for comfort and conditions.

In winter it's generally too cold but in summer I wear as little as possible.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 1:53 am

even in the winter I dress in layers, a tank top, briefs, socks, thin pants, fuzzy jacket and windbreaker atop that. this is so when I enter a typically overheated interior space, I can quickly strip off outer layers.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 2:13 am

It is only me and two cats who live here. Deduce from that what you may. Thanks to some neurological and endocrine conditions I get very cold very fast and have to pile on layers in winter. It is nice to use summer as a relief from that. I usually set the air conditioner no lower than 80F. The furnace, well, that's another matter - no way can I afford to run it at same temperature!! !
So, I endure winter and enjoy relief from the weight and pressure in summer.