Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 5:10 pm

Not only do I sometimes listen to the same song again and again, sometimes even with a single play of it I'll detach a little, curl slightly into a ball while sitting, and rock forward and back in time with the music. Don't do it frequently but it does happen sometimes and at such moments it feels "right", even satisfying or something.

Is this a stim?

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2013, 5:31 pm

Yes, but there's no harm in it. Humans naturally move in time with music, whether they are autistic or not. :) Rocking is something little children, NTs as well, tend to like doing. Autistics just enjoy it a little longer.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Herman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jun 2013, 6:00 am

I would say it is fairly NT.

In traditional religious education of children, be it Islam or Buddhism where you get kids reciting things while sitting on the floor. You will see every single one intuitively rock back and forth and curl up somewhat, to detach themselves somewhat.

Myself, I think my aspie traits made me do the opposite.

At school (in the UK) we would have assemblies and song practice where kids would sit on the floor and sing. But all the kids treated this singing just like religious recitation. They zoned out and rocked back and forth ALL OF THEM. Sure a good deal were from Islamic backgrounds where they would have picked up such traits when in a madrasa. But the white kids and black kids did it too.

I think I was the only person who was massively irritated by it, and actively sat up straight in disgust.