Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

stevenjacksonftw7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2013, 3:55 am

I often appear as being useless since I often appear to be simple and have coordination issues due to Dyspraxia (it impairs my ability to catch, hand write, draw, sing and to do things wrestle) and I have ADHD which makes essay writing and reading comprehension a pain in the *** for me. However, when people write me off as an idiot, I have these so-called 'genius moments' where even doctors, scientists, genius's and teachers are like "OH MY GOD!! !" out of humiliation. Ironically, it's the same with motor coordination since I've had moments where I've drawn perfectly when my mind has been fully there and focused, and moments where I've won races and have broken tackles against tough guys where they weigh a lot more than me against me where I've brought them down to the ground and have out ran everybody on the field for a 99 yard touchdown against football players after appearing to be useless which has gotten them to say the same thing. The exact same thing happens happens in art, singing and writing since I somehow have moments of creativity which are nothing to me since they're somehow 'rare'. I'm even like "OH MY GOD!" as well in these moments since I appear to be a dimwit half of the time with how they happen so randomly and with how they generally happen without me knowing it and with me doing this stuff within a few second after I've tried my hardest to accomplish these things within just six hours. I assume that a lot of Autistic people are like this as well? If you are like this, explain how it feels.

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2013, 6:13 am

I'm made to feel like a complete useless ret*d too at times. it's all part of the aspie thing. I'm pretty high functioning in some areas but very low functioning in others and it feels really degrading at times. i think the thing to do is work on those things that make you feel "useless" and try to improve on them. speech training, whatever it is we need. the good news is we've got the rest of our lives to work on it and improve. if you can focus on it, you can improve it tremendously.

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 7:06 am

stevenjacksonftw7 wrote:
I often appear as being useless since I often appear to be simple and have coordination issues due to Dyspraxia (it impairs my ability to catch, hand write, draw, sing and to do things wrestle) and I have ADHD which makes essay writing and reading comprehension a pain in the *** for me. However, when people write me off as an idiot, I have these so-called 'genius moments' where even doctors, scientists, genius's and teachers are like "OH MY GOD!! !" out of humiliation. Ironically, it's the same with motor coordination since I've had moments where I've drawn perfectly when my mind has been fully there and focused, and moments where I've won races and have broken tackles against tough guys where they weigh a lot more than me against me where I've brought them down to the ground and have out ran everybody on the field for a 99 yard touchdown against football players after appearing to be useless which has gotten them to say the same thing. The exact same thing happens happens in art, singing and writing since I somehow have moments of creativity which are nothing to me since they're somehow 'rare'. I'm even like "OH MY GOD!" as well in these moments since I appear to be a dimwit half of the time with how they happen so randomly and with how they generally happen without me knowing it and with me doing this stuff within a few second after I've tried my hardest to accomplish these things within just six hours. I assume that a lot of Autistic people are like this as well? If you are like this, explain how it feels.

You've experienced flow.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXIeFJCqsPs[/youtube]
Flow is one of those things I think are more innate to autistic people.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 10:15 am

I was generally useless when it came to P.E. class. On a few occasions, I managed to pull off some unusual stunt or what not.
When we were playing volleyball, I managed to actually spike the s**t out of the ball and score the deciding point. For me, it was merely about getting that cursed ball away from my general vicinity and avoid a rush of "teammates" who very well may end up touching you. Another time we were shooting hoops and I made a shot from across the room (by accident) just to make the person in our group have to walk to the other end of the gym to retrieve it (I felt like being a d-bag). I'm not sure if one is permitted to do something of that manner in a "real game" or not, since my knowledge of sports is close to nonexistent. I only knew that people were exclaiming "Holy s**t! How'd you do that?" In Dodgeball, I'd get people out so they couldn't touch me (people liked to run up behind you and touch you with the ball while they are holding it).

Other than that, people always assumed I would answer all the questions in class (and get them right), so it was never much of a surprise. :roll:

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2013, 12:01 pm

I definitely find myself having genius moments. I think it's how my friends put up with me, I'm usually really awkward all the time and stumble over my words, but every now and then I'll say something really smart or give really good advice and my friend's will be like 'wow you're so smart'. I also find I have good beginner's luck whenever I play a sport for the first time. When I was in year 6 my class played a different sport every month, so of course I was always pretty good in the first game or two, it was great because people started talking to me and gave me complements which made the year bearable.