Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

stevenjacksonftw7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2013, 5:11 am

I remember entering kindergarten with me not having any friend since there was something off with me, and I remember getting bullied constantly with me being slightly more resistant to it since I was taller and bigger. I was the top one in class, and I seemed to lack in social skills with the teachers suspecting that there was something off about me and the same with my guardians. I was extremely lonely and I was an annoyance to every student, and then my teachers caught onto that and they were like to my guardians "Have you gone to see a Psychiatrist, a Psychologist or a Doctor? Your child seems to be a genius and lacks in social skills, and we can send him off to a gifted school since this school isn't going to do your child any good if he's a genius". Then I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and with an intelligence quotient of 163 which got me sent off to this school.

Everything was a miracle all of a sudden since there were a bunch of genius's who treated me like a god since a fair number of them were diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as well and they understood me. This gave me a bunch of gifted friends who understood other disabilities, and they were the gifted ones with gifted artistic talents, learning sports at an advanced level and playing them, learning advanced physics and I felt like a genius. This was the dream for me for seven years, and the bullying stopped for these years and I was closer to becoming an airline pilot. I was getting straight A's with the teachers taking my genius seriously and putting up with me excessively talking at times, until some doctor came across me at school. He evaluated all of us, and I was the only one who he said "I'm sorry, but I don't see how you were diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and you seem to daze off when somebody talks to you. I'm going to give you a referral to a Psychologist that's specifically for kids with ADHD and Asperger's for his opinion".

After that, I lost my Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis with it replaced with ADHD with them forcing me to take medication. People looked at me as a spaz in this genius academy all of a suddenly with them disassociating since they saw that what I was taking was Adderall, and the teachers were all of a suddenly infuriated with me talking since they started to see me as a clown rather than as a genius. Months later, I lost all of my artistic abilities with the poison of this medication, and I was kicked out of this K-12 school since my intelligence quotient was down at 87 with this medication. On top of all of this, I was bullied again in through the rest of High School with no job with their being no doctor who's suggesting that I get off of medical school, and I've been kicked out of college. I'm also unable to become a pilot now since you need to be able to pay attention to become a pilot, when I was able to do that before I was slipped on medication. I have yet to seek happiness while I'm on medication with the doctors constantly saying that I need to take it and with me just playing a long so I can get a reasonable medical evaluation so I can have a decent medical record to become a pilot, but they think that it's doing me good despite the fact that I've lost a lot of my abilities and intelligence through taking Adderall. They all of a suddenly come back when I'm not on a medication with me being able to focus again, so that just proves what the doctors know about me at the age of 23.

chamthabo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jan 2013, 9:55 am

when I was a child, I cannot social with people like other aspies, so I think it's because I have more intelligent than most of them. After that, when I was 17, I was very glad when I passed an exam and I could study in one of the best high schools in my country (Thailand). I thought everything would go well. But because most of student was NTs like other high schools, I finally was isolated. I started becoming computer game addicted. I thought I can do everything in real life like I do in computer game. You might be shocked when you keep reading. I burn my school!! ! You must used to read news about a big crime done by someone with his mental disability(such as the latest one in Conecticut), my case was like that. A large area of school building was destroyed but no one was harmed. That was the time I was sent to doctor and get diagnosis. But because I was was 17 and have ASD, I had suspended sentence. I know this is a story which shouldn't be told. But I think it's ok to tell in this forum. From then until now, I have had terrible time like most Aspies. But many things seem to be better gradually now.

I can feel your suffer. I also have problem like you. I think you should tell your story to someone you can trust. I have to spend some time in every day talking with my mother thought cell phone (I reside in dormitory).

I'm sorry for my bad English skill.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 10:02 am

stevenjacksonftw7 wrote:
I remember entering kindergarten with me not having any friend since there was something off with me, and I remember getting bullied constantly with me being slightly more resistant to it since I was taller and bigger. I was the top one in class, and I seemed to lack in social skills with the teachers suspecting that there was something off about me and the same with my guardians. I was extremely lonely and I was an annoyance to every student, and then my teachers caught onto that and they were like to my guardians "Have you gone to see a Psychiatrist, a Psychologist or a Doctor? Your child seems to be a genius and lacks in social skills, and we can send him off to a gifted school since this school isn't going to do your child any good if he's a genius". Then I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and with an intelligence quotient of 163 which got me sent off to this school.

Everything was a miracle all of a sudden since there were a bunch of genius's who treated me like a god since a fair number of them were diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as well and they understood me. This gave me a bunch of gifted friends who understood other disabilities, and they were the gifted ones with gifted artistic talents, learning sports at an advanced level and playing them, learning advanced physics and I felt like a genius. This was the dream for me for seven years, and the bullying stopped for these years and I was closer to becoming an airline pilot. I was getting straight A's with the teachers taking my genius seriously and putting up with me excessively talking at times, until some doctor came across me at school. He evaluated all of us, and I was the only one who he said "I'm sorry, but I don't see how you were diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and you seem to daze off when somebody talks to you. I'm going to give you a referral to a Psychologist that's specifically for kids with ADHD and Asperger's for his opinion".

After that, I lost my Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis with it replaced with ADHD with them forcing me to take medication. People looked at me as a spaz in this genius academy all of a suddenly with them disassociating since they saw that what I was taking was Adderall, and the teachers were all of a suddenly infuriated with me talking since they started to see me as a clown rather than as a genius. Months later, I lost all of my artistic abilities with the poison of this medication, and I was kicked out of this K-12 school since my intelligence quotient was down at 87 with this medication. On top of all of this, I was bullied again in through the rest of High School with no job with their being no doctor who's suggesting that I get off of medical school, and I've been kicked out of college. I'm also unable to become a pilot now since you need to be able to pay attention to become a pilot, when I was able to do that before I was slipped on medication. I have yet to seek happiness while I'm on medication with the doctors constantly saying that I need to take it and with me just playing a long so I can get a reasonable medical evaluation so I can have a decent medical record to become a pilot, but they think that it's doing me good despite the fact that I've lost a lot of my abilities and intelligence through taking Adderall. They all of a suddenly come back when I'm not on a medication with me being able to focus again, so that just proves what the doctors know about me at the age of 23.

They can't force you to take medication. Why don't you come off it and get yourself back to normal (ensuring you are safe to do so and your doctor is aware, they are monitoring you etc.) and go and get re-evaluated. It's such a shame what has happened to you. Doctors can and do misdiagnose, so quite possibly the doctor who said you didn't have AS was wrong. My daughter has just been diagnosed with HFA and she tells me herself, that when people are talking to her, her brain just switches off because she gets bored, and she is very clearly HFA. Fight the diagnosis of ADHD if you believe it to be wrong. Your symptoms do sound much more AS than ADHD, and I believe it's possible to have both conditions as well. It's might not be too late to get yourself back on track to pursuing your goals, you are very young.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum