Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 6:36 am

Not going into too much detail because I think he posts on here.

How do you deal with others who are unpredictable please? Currently, he's refusing to talk to me, which has gone for quite a while now and won't tell me anything at all. :x

Really had enough now. fed up of not having a clue what's going on.

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 7:41 am

My husband is unpredictable. Whenever I hear of people on TV making out that there is something boring about predictable people, I think they have no clue about what a strain it is to be with someone unpredictable (they call it 'spontaneous')
I don't buy him anything, not even underwear, because I never get it right. There is always some stupid minor thing wrong, which no regular person would give a crap about. I bought a dryer for myself recently because I got the opportunity to get a good new dryer for about 40% off, which I could not pass up. (our old one died last year)
I was sick with worry about his reaction, so hurt my back trying to bring it in and put it in place by myself.
He did not react at all, and did not seem to mind. I didn't feel relief, just mad that I felt so tortured by it for nothing.

I can never tell when he will be mad or happy or what, and we sometimes have huge fights over something I really thought he would not mind, but I was wrong. It is especially upsetting when I had been having a happy day up to that point, and my day gets blown to bits for what feels like no reason, and I totally did not see it coming.

I can not give you any advice, just my sympathies. I think not really knowing the person well is the problem, and that happens because they don't open up, and maybe have trust issues. Whatever. Based on my experience, I'd say the problem is him, and nothing will change that unless he decides he wants to change. I gave up.

So he can get his own damn underwear! :evil: