Very confused about my diagnosis.. Please help!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jakob79
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2013, 2:57 am

Hello all! Found this site with the hope i could get some answers.. Year 2011 when turned 20 i was diganosed with PDD-NOS A.k.a Atypical autism. The reason i did the test beacuse they first thought i had ADHD and the year before at summer i had some psycotic manic state, dont want to go with the deatils about it now.. Anyway they then started to anylize deeper with an interview asked me and my dad how it was when i was younger and went to scholl etc. When i got this diagnosis i was pretty shocked, due to that i didnt know s**t about autism or all these related disorders to it. Then after i learned everything about this Autism spectrum disorders i understood that it also have mild high funtioning forms to. My question is to you, which form do you think i might have? one psycologist tells me i have aspergers the other says i do not have aspergers and the third say its neither of them... It says you get PDD-NOS is when you dont fit all the criteria for a DX of aspergers or classic autism. I searched all around the internet to but couldnt really find the answer i was seeking.. Short about me: i didnt have a so called speech delay when i was a child i could use words babbling like mom dad or asking for food etc but around when i was 2 years and maybe 2-4 months old my grandmother ( i lived with my grandmother then when i was i child ) told me that one sudden day something just snapped out of me and started to talk perfectly and fluently like an adult she said.. i had big conversations with my dads firends for example sometimes no joke really! everyone told me then i was extremle mature for my age. and my IQ is average or above as most people i know tell me.. I know that people with for example classic autism starts to talk very late and even if they have average iq they as i notcied are most of the time in their own world and not so interested in other people or the world around, i can sometimes seem to be in my own world especially when before in the classroom i often daydream much if its some booring school subject s**t i dont like, but I AM interested and very curious in other people and have feelings for those i love etc even if i sometimes have hard time exxpresing my feelings to them!.. I also have nearly all symptoms of ADHD without hyperactivity (Pretty Severe) anxiety disorder Bipolar disorder Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD (severe to) some wierd form of Dyslexia and paranoia. None of them is diagnosed. I did have some trouble in scholl due to having hard time concetrating sitting still, start and finnish subject etc. but i was never mentaly behind others how to say.. Noone really realized i was autistic before neither my parents or teachers even firends i knew from i was a child never suspected it thats strange.. but i now myself realized that i have traits of it or something similar like sometimes rocking back and forth on a chair, some times hard to look people in the eyes spec those im uncomfortable with for a long time or very stressed etc. My mother have Schizophrenia.. she had it all the i lived with here but back then it wasnt that severe so she wasnt hospitalized first when i was 16-17 so it aslo had a very bad impact on me.... Im soon going to start medication with antipsycothics for my bipolar and paranoia symptoms hope that help.. I know its hard to determine just by reading this but anyone here what do you think i really have? Anyone with similar life story can you tell?

Sorry for the long post hope you can read it :oops: ¨

And sorry for my english! (not my native language )

Take care!

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 2:15 pm

Hi.
Nobody in here can diagnose you.
You mention a lot of different disorders, bipolar + ADHD and OCD, - but you are not diagnosed with those, you say.
Now, that you already have a diagnosis, perhaps you should write down all these suspicions and have a chat with a professional.

Don´t drive yourself nuts trying to find out for yourself. You can´t.