Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2013, 4:26 pm

I don't really tell a lot of people I have Asperger's--even if they do know what it is, because I get the "you can't POSSIBLY have AS!!" because they try to compare me with someone else they know who's more affected. It's actually better when people don't know, because I can educate them a bit about how it affects me. And hopefully with this book I'm writing, maybe I can. It's not something I expect a lot of people to know about, though.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2013, 7:19 pm

alien91 wrote:
I can't help but notice that a lot of NTs are completely unaware of Aspergers syndrome or if they do know anything about it they know very little. I have even interacted with a bunch of people online who think aspergers is bogus and doesn't exist! Talk about ignorant... I wish more people were informed about aspergers and autism so there would be more mutual understanding .. But alas, people seem content to stay in the dark.

Most NTs I've come across have little or no knowledge of any developmental disability unless somebody in their immediate family has it.