I need help with my cellphone - Please .

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm

I just cannot the (pretty basic - Tracphone) cell phone I have to work , and it worked before , too , but after the minutes ran out I got new minutes , then put them on the phone ~ But the phone will do nothing now :( .
It did basic phone and even camera before .
I'll charge it , and the window will indicate that it's charged up , take it off the outlet ~ So I do , but nothing will appear on screen :( .
You can read my background , you know my age ~ I would like it if someone would help me get it on-line , so that I may use it .
Please .
I'm not asking for money ,
I'm not asking for a new phone ,
I am , for one asking that someone , one-on-one , get the phone going , in front of me , so that I may use it now , and at least increas my store of information somewhat , so that , even if I don't learn how exactly , I come closer to it .
I'm old , I'm poor , I went to sachool before this sort of thing was taught ~ I can post , obviously , but not much " modern " beyond that .
Please . If someone would . I'd be so happy and grateful :) .

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 10:45 pm

Did you call Tracfone and talk with them about this?

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 10:48 pm

Don't worry Ass-P, We'll help you. It's been a long time since I have looked at a tracphone but the next time I am at Walmart I will take a look again. See if there is a power (On/0ff) button. Sometimes it is on the top or on a side near the top. You may have to press it to activate the phone to turn on. That would be the first place to start. Let me know if you find one. The power symbol on these devices is usually an incomplete circle, (the circle will have an opening at the top) and in that incomplete circle there will be a dot. This is there so that you can preserve the battery life when you are not using the phone. If you find this button try to press it, sometimes you might have to hold it for a second and see if your phone turns on. Keep us posted. :)

Wreck It Ralph

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:34 pm

...Thank you , but I think I need to see things being done in front of me , live .
I need to see someone's fingers , be able ask questions...

quote="skibum"]Don't worry Ass-P, We'll help you. It's been a long time since I have looked at a tracphone but the next time I am at Walmart I will take a look again. See if there is a power (On/0ff) button. Sometimes it is on the top or on a side near the top. You may have to press it to activate the phone to turn on. That would be the first place to start. Let me know if you find one. The power symbol on these devices is usually an incomplete circle, (the circle will have an opening at the top) and in that incomplete circle there will be a dot. This is there so that you can preserve the battery life when you are not using the phone. If you find this button try to press it, sometimes you might have to hold it for a second and see if your phone turns on. Keep us posted. :)[/quote]

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm

I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but do you know where the on/off button is on the phone and have you tried pressing it?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 1:19 pm

...It worked before , Seth . That's what I know .
And , Ski , if you're not even sure what a Tracphone (are they pretty " uncool " ?????????) looks like , that canno thelp me much .
I just DO need help in getting it going (again) :(!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 1:29 pm

When you take it off the charger is the screen black with no indication of it being on....or does it light up with nothing on it? Either way I am thinking you might have to replace the phone...perhaps if you call tracphone and explain to them whats going on they could replace it but not sure what their policy is.

I have a net10 phone which is through tracphone and last time I got a phone the sim card was bad, so I called net10 and they sent me a new sim card for free.

Aside from all that you could also take your phone to a cell phone store and see if an employee there could take a look at your phone...and show you what to do or determine if you need a replacement phone.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 1:35 pm

...It was bought at a Walgreens' , not a cellphone store .
The recipt's long gone . (It worked first , remember :( .)
Now , I have NO money :( , and , before this cf , I spent $149.00 on a phone + minutes that weren't supposed to be sold at all :cry: ! !! !! !! !! !! (I detail this more at my " End of ASS-P ? " line , people got on me over it :() , I am not inclined to buy another one now - the store which sold me theb$149.oo garbage cell phone (not the Walgreens'/Tracphone) won't , yuet , refund my money ~ and I have been there numerous times , still have the phone = receipt :cry: !

quote="Sweetleaf"]When you take it off the charger is the screen black with no indication of it being on....or does it light up with nothing on it? Either way I am thinking you might have to replace the phone...perhaps if you call tracphone and explain to them whats going on they could replace it but not sure what their policy is.

I have a net10 phone which is through tracphone and last time I got a phone the sim card was bad, so I called net10 and they sent me a new sim card for free.

Aside from all that you could also take your phone to a cell phone store and see if an employee there could take a look at your phone...and show you what to do or determine if you need a replacement phone.[/quote]

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 12:37 am

ASS-P wrote:
...It worked before , Seth . That's what I know .
And , Ski , if you're not even sure what a Tracphone (are they pretty " uncool " ?????????) looks like , that canno thelp me much .
I just DO need help in getting it going (again) :(!

Oh no, Ass-P, I actually bought one for someone and I formatted it for him so I know what they are and I know what they look like. It was just a while ago so I have to look again to remember where all the buttons are located on those models. But the person I bought it for is like you. He needs to be shown step by step so I understand what you are going through.

Wreck It Ralph

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 12:44 am

ASS-P wrote:
...It was bought at a Walgreens' , not a cellphone store .
The recipt's long gone . (It worked first , remember :( .)
Now , I have NO money :( , and , before this cf , I spent $149.00 on a phone + minutes that weren't supposed to be sold at all :cry: ! !! !! !! !! !! (I detail this more at my " End of ASS-P ? " line , people got on me over it :() , I am not inclined to buy another one now - the store which sold me theb$149.oo garbage cell phone (not the Walgreens'/Tracphone) won't , yuet , refund my money ~ and I have been there numerous times , still have the phone = receipt :cry: !

I don't think it matters if you got it at walgreens, someone at a cell phone store still might be able to help. I don't know I've gone in cell phone stores to ask questions and such if I have phone issues.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 6:37 am

Although the receipt would be best, if you just got the phone, and you have activated it, Tracfone should have your date of activation. If the phone is under a warranty, they should be able to go by that date to know when you got the phone if it needs to be replaced.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 8:33 pm

...I am just asking for help w/that here , nothing about - Well , I said it .
However , I'll point out that , AS I SAID , with the last portion of that windfall not coming , the Sacremento-basecd company showing every sign - I wrote " sigh " :cry: - of cheating me , the bank account I opened from it is on its way to being closed on me ?????
IT'S BECAUSE THE SCHEDULED MONEY I COUNTED ON HAS NOT COME IN :cry:
But never mind , let's just fantasize about other people who will do TV-movie things for me :cry:

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 9:22 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I am just asking for help w/that here , nothing about - Well , I said it .
However , I'll point out that , AS I SAID , with the last portion of that windfall not coming , the Sacremento-basecd company showing every sign - I wrote " sigh " :cry: - of cheating me , the bank account I opened from it is on its way to being closed on me ?????
IT'S BECAUSE THE SCHEDULED MONEY I COUNTED ON HAS NOT COME IN :cry:
But never mind , let's just fantasize about other people who will do TV-movie things for me :cry:
Sorry ASS-P about the trouble you seem to be having. I am having a bit of difficulty understanding what you are talking about but I do hope everything works out ok for you.

Wreck It Ralph

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm

...Briefly , skib , what I am talking about re: the " windfall " of which the last 1/3 has not come is this:
Some months back an outfit in Sacramento , called Vanacore , one of those " we find lost money for you , taking a percentage for ourselves as our profit " outfits contacted me , saying that they had found some lost monies from my father's estate meant for me .
Briefly , after a lot of time , I got the money , basically in 3 checks (plus a smaller initial one) ~ However , they delayed/played around a great bit before I finally got (most of) the money (So maybe I should have been suspicious then ?? Maybe I was ??) , perhaps most notable is that , of the three checks , one came and was lost before I could cash it .
It was indicated to me by Vanacore , in E-mail I still have , that they would cancel the old check and write a new one and send it to me after a 30-day period had passed .
This was in late October (Actually , I think that that would have been a reference to the date the first check , that was lost , was written , not the date of the we-mail's writing , but never mind .) .
After that time had passed , I wrote polite letters to Vanacore , whom I had had both E-mail contact with and had friended on FB (To be precise , there were two people at Vanacore I'd had contact with via E-mail , one of them I'd also FB-befreinded .) . I heard nothing . Over several polite E-mails and messages .
I really need that money ! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !
Maybe I'll say more later...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 5:40 pm

...I REALLY need that money ~ Or , even , more i8mmediately that $150.00 of worthless , non-working , cellphone & (mostly) minutes that 7-11 sold me !
:cry:

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 5:51 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Briefly , skib , what I am talking about re: the " windfall " of which the last 1/3 has not come is this:
Some months back an outfit in Sacramento , called Vanacore , one of those " we find lost money for you , taking a percentage for ourselves as our profit " outfits contacted me , saying that they had found some lost monies from my father's estate meant for me .
Briefly , after a lot of time , I got the money , basically in 3 checks (plus a smaller initial one) ~ However , they delayed/played around a great bit before I finally got (most of) the money (So maybe I should have been suspicious then ?? Maybe I was ??) , perhaps most notable is that , of the three checks , one came and was lost before I could cash it .
It was indicated to me by Vanacore , in E-mail I still have , that they would cancel the old check and write a new one and send it to me after a 30-day period had passed .
This was in late October (Actually , I think that that would have been a reference to the date the first check , that was lost , was written , not the date of the we-mail's writing , but never mind .) .
After that time had passed , I wrote polite letters to Vanacore , whom I had had both E-mail contact with and had friended on FB (To be precise , there were two people at Vanacore I'd had contact with via E-mail , one of them I'd also FB-befreinded .) . I heard nothing . Over several polite E-mails and messages .
I really need that money ! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !
Maybe I'll say more later...

Relative, friend, or social service agency with a working telephone. CALL them BY PHONE.

That's not what this thread is about, tho'. You're looking for help getting YOUR phone working.

HAVE YOU CALLED TRACFONE?