Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 11:44 pm

I've heard of a bill being passed to encourage more forced hospitalizations and forced meds.....ok while I realize sometimes people need impatient treatment, it seems like this bill takes it too far. though I don't know a shedload about it other than things I have heard about it. Seems like the government wants to go back to the dark ages. I just don't get it, they want to force more treatment but then want to cut spending for mental health treatment....I am just so confused bout what our governmennt expects to accomplish. I would love to say simple holistic treatments help me, but they haven't thus far so I am open minded to psych meds, but if people push me away or towards such things it effects my decision. So yeah if a psychiatrist was like ' hey take this med, you should try this, maybe(insert whatever) I'd be irritated, already can't take what I am perscrbed out of anxiety but why should someone be forced to take a drug that makes them feel worse?

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 11:59 pm

Its prob pharmaceutical corporation backed, force people to buy and take their pills.

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 12:24 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I've heard of a bill being passed to encourage more forced hospitalizations and forced meds.....ok while I realize sometimes people need impatient treatment, it seems like this bill takes it too far...

Until we know exactly what you've heard and where it comes from (how valid it is), it's hard to say even that "it" takes anything too far, let alone make any other comments.

Can you provide more information?

Right now this is on the same level as rabble-rousing.

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 12:29 am

Sethno wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I've heard of a bill being passed to encourage more forced hospitalizations and forced meds.....ok while I realize sometimes people need impatient treatment, it seems like this bill takes it too far...

Until we know exactly what you've heard and where it comes from (how valid it is), it's hard to say even that "it" takes anything too far, let alone make any other comments.

Can you provide more information?

Right now this is on the same level as rabble-rousing.

I'll have to try and find more info on this, I admit i am rather confused about it and don't quite get the purpose, other people discussing it seem to perhaps have a better idea. But from what i hear it sounds kind of threatening. But yeah Id need more info to properly assess wahat I think of this.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 12:33 am

I seem to remember somebody discussing this here. Prob would have been in current news or politics.