Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2014, 4:53 pm

Ok you can take the thread title literally.

I am not depressed I don't need a pat on the shoulder this forum has helped me as much as it can I just need to get this off my chest.

The lack of connection in my life is killing me awkward social interaction really frustrates me.

I know lots of people have really bad lives and I would not swap with them.

Having said all of the above the lack of meaningful human contact is painful to me however I know when I get such contact I feel uncomfortable or worse.

All across the spectrum I know we all must feel this to some degree.

I hate Autism.

I really like many people who are on the Autistic spectrum but I hate Autism.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2014, 6:35 pm

Can I pat you on the back anyway? I really enjoy (most) of your posts and you seem like a sweet and genuine guy (plus I really love that you joined our cat parade with your shark)! !. You've been drinking a lot lately though, haven't you? I hope you are ok. Yes, Autism has some very sucky consequences. THe only things you can try to do are enjoy life without society or try to find work arounds. Unless you want to drink yourself into a stupor every night.

Hey, I'm not your Mom, but when I was younger I used to drink when I was in turmoil also. I was very lucky that I stopped before I became addicted - I hope you don't end up suffering that - it's an awful consequence and will only add more heartbreak to your life.

Take care of yourself!

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2014, 8:42 pm

I want a drink but alcohol tastes like s**t to me now. It sucks because I used to love drinking. Maybe I should just get a bottle of vodka and mix it with some Pepsi.

I have a love/hate relationship with Aspergers. I hate how it impairs my executive functioning, makes me overly sensitive to certain stimuli, and causes me to experience "brain fog", but at the same time I just wouldn't be the person I am without it.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2014, 9:36 pm

I'd love to drink me some alcohol. There is, however, the potential risk that if I drink too much I'll be on the lookout for something "harder."