New project in college and my problem

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

bguimaraes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2014, 6:58 pm

In my college this month we're going to have a "party", we need to organize and do the decoration all by ourselves. But I have problem by doing those things DIY with other people around, I get really anxiety, getting sweating and red. I tried to do it alone, but people came trying to help. I don't know how to say I don't want company or help without being rude :?. Unless in my college nobody knows about S.A and A.S, and I don't want explain this. Does anyone here have problem by doing things with other people around/helping? :cry:

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 7:33 pm

yesssssss.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 8:30 pm

hey, I can relate to some extent, I get the same way when I am in a class that's silent, its like a torture. I don't know if this is really applicable to your situation but I always found music helps, with headphones, also if you have both headphones in people will be dissuaded from coming to help you because it shows you are listening to music.

I may be being ignorant but what is S.A?

also want to add that you can try and use where you sit, for example corners are good, you can generally get along quietly sitting In the corner, try and affect a look of not wanting people to come up to you, like put your head down when working, if you get really unhappy just tell the teacher, say you get anxious sometimes and would be more comfortable on your own.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 8:46 pm

Quote:
I may be being ignorant but what is S.A?

I'm guessing social anxiety?