MIRA: I may qualify for a Service Dog!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 12:04 am

i really dont want to jinx anything but i may be able to get a Service dog from MIRA. the application is made for children which i know goes back to the problem that most of the world doesnt acknowledge that autistic adults exist but hopefully we can work something out. I looked over the admission criteria and there are no problems in the application i just dont know if my dad should fill it out or if i should. it doesnt matter right now im just remaining hopeful that i can get some help. I know this process may take a few years and i will have to probably give up my current dog if shes still alive by the time this process is finished and IF i get approved. but still i just hope all goes well.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 12:27 am

Good luck getting the service dog!

Now if it were me,
I think I'd prefer a
service cat or service parakeet
or maybe a service horse.
:D

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." -- REM

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 5:51 am

Phoenix, they have miniature horses as service animals, so you may get your wish yet! Good luck ZombieBride, I hope everything goes well, keep us posted! I want to apply for a service dog too, but I'm waiting until I move out of my parents' house, because they provide all the support I need right now.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 8:08 am

Greetings StarTrekker!

I hope you and ZombieBride both get excellent service dogs. Dogs tend not to get along with me.

In one dimension, that's cool about service horses, and would fit. I've gone horseback riding before, and the horses knew to take care of me. One time, the trail was so steep that the guide had me get off the horse to walk it down. Normally, a horse will spook and the human has to comfort the animal. That time, I was so scared that the horse turned its head to comfort me. Another time, I rode two horses when I shouldn't have because I had broken my foot ... both horses acted like my babysitter. One went slow and refused to go faster. The other one normally jumped a creek, but on that trip walked gently through the water instead.

In another dimension, I'm going to Steel City Con today as my natural Star Trek self ... that is, Q. Now I might consider a service tribble, and in fact have some hanging around, one of which has been made into a pouch ... :)

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." -- REM

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 12:45 pm

Congratulations I hope it works out for you. If I were you I would do everything I can to get this process moving as fast as you can before you turn 18. 18 Seems to be the cut off age for a lot of resources in Canada for those on the autism spectrum.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 7:01 pm

Noca wrote:
Congratulations I hope it works out for you. If I were you I would do everything I can to get this process moving as fast as you can before you turn 18. 18 Seems to be the cut off age for a lot of resources in Canada for those on the autism spectrum.

I'm actually 18 now, I hope my psychologist can help out with that problem, although he wants me to find other ways to cope with my anxiety.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com