Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 12:46 pm

For both children teens and adult

Do you have any tips on taking the Ados or any similar testing?

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 2:31 pm

Don't worry about it and just do what they ask. they're observing everything you're doing, not just what you initially think. Don't prepare for it, don't worry if you did things "wrong", because there aren't rights and wrongs - just different ways that give them different information about you.

There are a lot of different parts. Some you'll probably find odd, easy, or hard.

Just be yourself.

ralphd
Raven
Raven

11 Jan 2015, 12:57 pm

It was designed for kids and then adapted for adults, so some parts of the test may seem stupid to an adult.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 1:46 pm

I could be wrong but, generally, I don't think it's a good idea for people to research these type of tests before they are administered. Otherwise, I imagine that this could influence the results.

For my diagnosis, there were a number of tests that I would have done much (much, much, much) better on, had I known what the test was and how it was administered. The example that comes to mind is the Wisconsin Card Sorting test (which assesses problems associated with the frontal lobe of the brain). Had I known how the test worked, I would have “aced” it. I went in not knowing anything and performed rather poorly on it.