Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Meril
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2015, 10:52 pm

My parents agreed to homeschool me. I admit I am a tad anxious, but I think I want to do it. What do I do now? Any advice? How do I make friends and keep in touch with mine? I had more to say but I am too tired, I will probably elaborate later.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 6:38 am

I don't know where you live, but there are often homeschool groups/co-ops/associations that you can be a part of. I would do an online search for your area and homeschooling. You could also check Facebook. Getting involved in these groups will help you meet new people.

As far as staying in touch with your old friends, I can't say. I haven't had much success staying in touch with friends (actually, it is they who have stopped staying in touch with me.) If a friend lives in your neighborhood, and you still see each other often, it's easier. If the person lives across town and it takes effort to meet up, it is harder. If you are involved in any activities that your friends are in, that would help since you would see each other on a regular basis.

In some places, homeschoolers are allowed to participate in some activities at the local public school, such as a particular class or extracurricular activities.