Do you do youtube videos?
Yes 32%  32%  [ 31 ]
No 68%  68%  [ 67 ]
Total votes : 98

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 10:57 am

Just curious, do you do youtube videos? If so, have you ever done a self documentary to help describe your condition and how it effects you? If so, do you find it helps you deal with stuff?

You don't have to give your channel name or anything, I'm just curious because I have done one, and I do videos about games and things that bother me (getting ready to do another one actually). I also play games live on it as well from time to time.

I've added this as a poll to get some numbers as well.

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2012, 11:10 am

I do YouTube videos just to read books to my husband when we aren't living in the same province. I also do mock videos. I've never done a self-documentary though. I don't think I'm brave enough.

I accept PMs from females only. Sorry. Personal convictions.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 12:05 pm

All of the videos I have on youtube have something to do with my interests. I have made a coupe videos about aspergers.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgAgZLMmVE&feature=plcp[/youtube]

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 12:37 pm

jetbuilder wrote:
All of the videos I have on youtube have something to do with my interests. I have made a coupe videos about aspergers.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgAgZLMmVE&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Awesome :) (I subbed)

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 12:41 pm

Oh, I do videos, but not about autism. Why would I do that?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

15 Nov 2012, 1:15 pm

I do have a YouTube account, and yes, I use it frequently. I don't update it often, but I do upload videos every now and then*.

(*I must have typed this word in ten times before I got it right. :lol:)

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 11:32 pm

Yes, I do videos. Not that many yet, but a few.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2012, 12:25 am

My videos are all my audio recordings, woot. I do want to say, however, that I'm very grateful for the people who've recorded videos about their ASD as I've done multiple YouTube searches on the topic and watched quite a few of them! It really shows the incredible range in which ASD can manifest itself...some people are obviously introverts and show very few external or obvious symptoms (though are not at all less affected) while other's are quite plainly on the spectrum. Very interesting stuff.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 1:04 am

windtreeman wrote:
My videos are all my audio recordings, woot. I do want to say, however, that I'm very grateful for the people who've recorded videos about their ASD as I've done multiple YouTube searches on the topic and watched quite a few of them! It really shows the incredible range in which ASD can manifest itself...some people are obviously introverts and show very few external or obvious symptoms (though are not at all less affected) while other's are quite plainly on the spectrum. Very interesting stuff.

I agree, youtube is a pretty good way to show that. Although I imagine most people don't wanna share that kind of thing, I didn't at first either lol.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2012, 2:53 am

I have a YouTube account, but I've never uploaded anything. Maybe in a hundred years or so ;)

I do really like watching some of the people's covers/vlogs of the channels I subscribed to. I think I've got just the right number of people to get new videos on average about 1 every day :)

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 2:59 am

No. I... I have seen myself on video only once or twice. I find it, um, uncomfortable, more than uncomfortable, even. It's one thing to believe that I look and act a particular way from my own perspective. It is quite another to see myself and know that how I think I act, in terms of body language/speaking patterns, is not an accurate assessment of the reality.

It is a very difficult thing for me. Like hearing your voice recorded but much much worse.

Filipendula
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2012, 3:43 am

I don't, because I don't really have anything to say and because I'm shockingly camera shy (and pathologically unphotogenic).

However, I do watch lots of the videos produced by people with ASDs. I find them really interesting and useful and I'm always looking for new seams of uploaders to get another perspective. It can be difficult to find new and interesting things since searching aspergers for example on YouTube tends to bring up the same set of prolific vloggers every time. But I know there are more out there that just don't make it into the search results very often.

Consequently, if anyone did want to post links to their videos, I for one would be very very interested and appreciative. No pressure obviously, but for those of you who do vlog, I thought it would be nice for you to know that there are people out there who are actively seeking out your work and benefitting from it.

I suppose another aspect is that it can be really nice to put a face to the name of a WrongPlanet member, it makes it so much more real and relatable. But it takes courage for someone to put themselves out there like that and I know I never could so well done to those of you who have.

RDOS Aspie score: 115/200; NT score: 79/200

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2012, 7:57 am

No, I've never done a Youtube video. I use my Youtube account just to watch videos and to add them to my playlist.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 2:22 pm

I made a youtube video of me reciting "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe just for fun.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 4:23 pm

I might make videos about various topics, but not videos with myself in them.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 6:28 pm

Filipendula wrote:
I don't, because I don't really have anything to say and because I'm shockingly camera shy (and pathologically unphotogenic).

However, I do watch lots of the videos produced by people with ASDs. I find them really interesting and useful and I'm always looking for new seams of uploaders to get another perspective. It can be difficult to find new and interesting things since searching aspergers for example on YouTube tends to bring up the same set of prolific vloggers every time. But I know there are more out there that just don't make it into the search results very often.

Consequently, if anyone did want to post links to their videos, I for one would be very very interested and appreciative. No pressure obviously, but for those of you who do vlog, I thought it would be nice for you to know that there are people out there who are actively seeking out your work and benefitting from it.

I suppose another aspect is that it can be really nice to put a face to the name of a WrongPlanet member, it makes it so much more real and relatable. But it takes courage for someone to put themselves out there like that and I know I never could so well done to those of you who have.
I make YouTube "vlog" videos about me having Asperger's; I started doing so whilst I was going through the diagnostic process. I make them because I know how useful other people's life experiences etc., can be to others; I watch a lot of blogs done by people on the spectrum.

...Also, I'm glad to know there are people out there like you who actually enjoy them and benefit from them. :)

(My YouTube channel is linked below, in my signature:)

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg