Regarding the likelihood of my affliction... Or gift?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jun 2015, 10:55 pm

I am 31
I saw a neuropsychologist recently. We did an iq test, among other things. He told me that I have a developmental learning disorder based on the discrepancies in my test scores. I am resisting the urge to brag.

Since then I have been asking questions, thinking, and learning. I am almost certain that I have an AS condition (as it were)

I need someone to talk to. Someone to really really talk to.

I was hyperlexic to the extreme. Checked out over 3000 novels from the high school library. Three a day, five on weekends. I have sleep bruxism, I used to bite my hands, the list of things I can't fathom is unfathomable, but I fathom what I do unfathomably.
I taught myself to draw using a protractor and a ruler. I spent 14 hours a day on every subject I've ever been interested in, when left to my own devices. My moms friends were amazed at the things I said and the words I used at ten years old... People here talk like me though! I read posts that I thought I might have typed, just by syntax... Syntax... My world I built of mapping reality. Every aspect of existence is analyzed, questioned... And shared. I can't not talk about my thoughts. Even if NO ONE wants to hear it. I've always been hated. Been annoying.

I have a had an absolute...
It's been a bad life. Very bad. I need someone to really talk to.

kicker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jun 2015, 11:57 pm

What would you like to talk about?

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 1:02 am

Do you read as much in science/physics types books as well?
Do you like sci-fi things like Star Trek?

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jun 2015, 7:49 am

Frankly it is my purpose to find some form of advancement in physics, with no basis to believe I could.

Star Trek yes.
I studied anatomy books until I learned the Latin names of every bone and muscle. I'm completely enamored with anything physics...muscles and bones are how we interact with the environment...

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 1:26 am

Well, if you're into Star Trek, Olympiadis and I can talk your ears off about that! As a psychology student, I'm also quite adept at discussing various psychological problems, interpersonal issues, etc.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2015, 7:41 am

I could only ever get into. The next generation and voyager series. I... Just... Can't seem to... Get into? CAPTAIN JAMES!.. Tiberius Kirk, for some reason.

Haha. Deep space nine was mall rats meets jersey shore meets a little ferangi humor.

I could use a real chat on the phone with you sir or madam. If you can spare the time. I still haven't spoken with anyone on the spectrum in years and I need to... Rasterize it..

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 11:12 am

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 11:21 am

MClaudeW wrote:
I saw a neuropsychologist recently. We did an iq test, among other things. He told me that I have a developmental learning disorder based on the discrepancies in my test scores. I am resisting the urge to brag.

Brag about what?

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2015, 4:32 pm

starkid wrote:
MClaudeW wrote:

Brag about what?

The scores. I have a habit of over informing and I can't help but mention anything I find to be relevant. Since I couldn't not mention it, but couldn't mention it, the result was a simple implication. The scores were very high in some areas, very low in others two, and middle in one.