Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 8:55 am

I am trying to work out what is happening to me. I have been sent a booklet... Forms to fill in. It does not look too difficult when I briefly looked at it last night. But I mentioned that they need to be filled in and my Mum said to get the forms down to the table and switch the lights on and make a start. I agree with her but when I thought about starting the forms I had a partial shutdown. What is going on? Why do I get things like this? I have also been delaying getting a dentist appointment as last friday a filling came out. I am not in any pain though.

Why am I having these issues? Why do I end up on the floor in partial shutdown mode just when thinking about doing them?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 11:48 am

Stress is cumulative in nature. When you pile one stressor on another and then on another, you will eventually overfill the buffers and reach a point of stress overload which in your case produces a partial shutdown.

One stressor is filling out the forms.
Another stressor is broken tooth filling.

You are going into an avoidance mode to deal with the stress.

Vent the stress and you should be good to go.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 1:51 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Stress is cumulative in nature. When you pile one stressor on another and then on another, you will eventually overfill the buffers and reach a point of stress overload which in your case produces a partial shutdown.

One stressor is filling out the forms.
Another stressor is broken tooth filling.

You are going into an avoidance mode to deal with the stress.

Vent the stress and you should be good to go.

Not sure how to vent the stress yet.

Uhmmm. We have more visitors coming. I could not do the forms earlier as we had a visitor come and then another came after the first one went. I can't concentrate these days when people visit as I need time to think.

Vent... Pyscological wind? Sorry. My mind is thinking... :D I think I will just curl up in bed and go to sleep, but it's cold in the bedroom. No heating.