Do aspies bash NTs because of jealousy/even hatred?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:16 pm

I think the anti-NT slant presented by some online is harmful to our community as whole and the way it's perceived by the rest of the world. Some say that NTs hate us, or at least unconsciously, but aren't at least some of us guilty of the same thing toward NTs? Every time I hear the word "NT" I perceive it now as a slur to spite "normal" people.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:24 pm

Don't argue with emotions. It makes your views biased.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2015, 4:29 pm

it's never meant as a slur, and it isn't to begin with. just as NTs say "autistic" just a descriptive word. i'm sure there are autistics who hate NTs and vice versa. some people are just like that.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:30 pm

Sorry, I don't think I'm very good with arguments. How can I improve my arguments skills?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm

We bash "NTs" for their general lack of honesty, integrity, and sincerity.

- They seem more interested in comfortable lies than in uncomfortable truths.

- They preach virtue while practicing vice.

- They ask "How are you?", and then seem uncomfortable with anything other than a positive, feel-good response.

Otherwise, they seem alright.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:47 pm

Well actually I'm not so good at arguing either. But if you ask a question or debate without emotions you may get a better response. Also your opinion can alter or colour how someone else perceives the information and can create bias.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:49 pm

I don't know why some people bash NTs, perhaps they are generalizing some negative eggsperiences with individuals to NTs as a group.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
- They ask "How are you?", and then seem uncomfortable with anything other than a positive, feel-good response.

Otherwise, they seem alright.

I got taught in previous employment (door to door fundraising) that we must say 'how are you' to judge a person's pitch and tone of voice. Then we must talk about roughly at a 10% higher pitch than them.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm

Different groups of people often hate and bash each other. Must be something we all get from birth. It's bound to come out here and there on WP, people have to be allowed to vent sometimes. I think it's to our credit that we don't do it as often as the NTs on AS Partners do. Try asking them politely to knock it off and they'll just attack you for it.

If it's just venting, I liken it to throwing up - i.e. it's better out than in, but please don't splash innocent bystanders. If it's actually serious warmongering, I can't justify it at all, though I think autistics probably have more mitigating circumstances, being a disadvantaged minority. We probably get more stick than we give to NTs, overall. Nobody's fault exactly, just an accident of nature.

I try hard to steer clear of bashing NTs as such. I've been known to paint a pretty bleak picture of mainstream society, which I guess is venting. Hopefully it's less offensive because neurotypicality is inborn and identifiable in the individual, while being a mainstreamer is a much more nebulous concept, more an act of will, and it's hard to find an individual who really is utterly mainstream.

Mostly I try not to bash anybody as a person, though I think it's healthy to criticise and question their ideas and behaviour, and I do that. I try not to be harsh about it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:07 pm

starfox wrote:
Fnord wrote:
- They ask "How are you?", and then seem uncomfortable with anything other than a positive, feel-good response. Otherwise, they seem alright.
I got taught in previous employment (door to door fundraising) that we must say 'how are you' to judge a person's pitch and tone of voice. Then we must talk about roughly at a 10% higher pitch than them.
That's sneaky, and just one of the reasons I greet door-to-door fundraisers with a hearty "No! Thank You! Good-Bye!" just before I close the door on them.

By the way, the latest tactic of door-to-door salespeople seems to be to lead off with a declaration that they are not here to sell something ... just before they dive in to their sales pitch.

I never trust door-to-door fundraisers or salespeople.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Jul 2015, 5:14 pm

Envy might be a factor in some cases.

I think a lifetime of being shut out and excluded due to having issues with social communication will naturally make some people bitter. When you suddenly have a word for all the people who are shutting you out, then it might seem like a godsend.

I think it's pretty misplaced. Remember, 99% of people are not autistic (and probably 90%+ are NT), so it's likely that most of your favourite people are/were NT.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
starfox wrote:
Fnord wrote:
- They ask "How are you?", and then seem uncomfortable with anything other than a positive, feel-good response. Otherwise, they seem alright.
That's sneaky, and just one of the reasons I greet door-to-door fundraisers with a hearty "No! Thank You! Good-Bye!" just before I close the door on them.

I always blamed that on capitalism rather than NTs.

Quote:
By the way, the latest tactic of door-to-door salespeople seems to be to lead off with a declaration that they are not here to sell something ... just before they dive in to their sales pitch.

You mean like this?

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
starfox wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I never trust door-to-door fundraisers or salespeople.

Haha that's true! Your right not to trust . A colleague of mine made roughly £1350 a week in the job.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Jul 2015, 5:21 pm

Fox and the grapes, they have what we want but can't have thus the natural response for some is to claim they never wanted at all and they suck. Pretty easy to understand.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm

To answer your question. I didn't have a lot of friends or any friends when I was in my mid teens; if I ever went to the mall or something and saw groups of people hanging out it made me angry and I was envious because I cannot join them. The only way I could have something like that is if I create my own group; easier in theory than actually done lol.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 6:30 pm

I don't think that I bash NTs, but I can certainly understand why some people do, because generally speaking, the NTs are the active oppressors, - the "Borg drones" of society.
They are part of a much larger group dynamic which represents a system of assimilation.
As such, the oppression of those who do not assimilate is systematic.
They generally have no interest in even meeting us halfway.