Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Owl123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2015, 11:57 pm

I've read a lot of articles saying, there is something different with Aspies eyes and how they look at something.

I also noticed it with myself whenever I see a photo of me taken by other people when my eyes always caught on a different direction, or a bit distant tantalizing stare. My older sister told me I have a different eyes because it looks like deep, huge, a bit almond shaped, droopy, like-Indian race, with much smaller cornea.

CaptainLevi
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Aug 2015, 4:35 am

I've noticed this with every single aspie, and suspected aspie that I know. Can't just be coincidence. People underestimate the effects of how we use our facial muscles on muscle and bone growth in that area. But there is a direct correlation - and perhaps how aspies use their facial muscles creates more of a dip on the sides of the eyes. There could also be a genetic link. I know I used to stare in the mirror and try and train myself to use the side muscles near my eyes to lessen the slope when I was a kid.

madmick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2015, 2:33 pm

When I was in college we had a film warning you about the use of drugs. The last part was how to spot the drug users because of their eyes. When the lights came on everyone turned and looked at me which made me feel very uncomfortable. I wasn't a druggie. Someone said that my pupils were over dilated.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 4:35 pm

I notice in myself and in some other aspies that, when relaxed, we have Tareme eyes.

from TvTropes:

Quote:
A style in anime and manga of drawing eyes where they droop or sag at the corners. Typically, a Moe character will have those definitive, sympathy-magnet Puppy-Dog Eyes. It generally represents a kind, quiet, sad, fragile or otherwise soft person.

Feels weird to describe real people using an anime style term, but it's as close as I can describe it. I consciously try to avoid this look, trying instead to look stoic and/or determined, but I usually end up looking angry instead. But at least looking angry does not signal you as an easy target.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 7:08 pm

Owl123 wrote:
I've read a lot of articles saying, there is something different with Aspies eyes and how they look at something.

I also noticed it with myself whenever I see a photo of me taken by other people when my eyes always caught on a different direction, or a bit distant tantalizing stare. My older sister told me I have a different eyes because it looks like deep, huge, a bit almond shaped, droopy, like-Indian race, with much smaller cornea.

In the pictures for my grandmother and grandfathers 50th anniversary I was looking far away with my head tilted to the side.

I actually rarely looked at the camera when I was little. I just don't feel comfortable looking into the camera, the flashing bothers me. It's sort of like making eye contact with someone.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider