Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Morlock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2005, 6:19 pm

I never was a supersticious person. Luck, in my belief is partially based upon optimism, as well as recognizing an opportunity when you see one. Unluck is just the opposite, compined with self-fulfilling prophecies. I fall into neither catergory.

Yet today, on friday the thirteenth, I got into a fight.

This may be a regular occurence for many of you, but I prefer to avoid conflict. Some accursed skater punk who I shall call Ryan was giving me s**t about something. I was telling him to leave me alone, then go away, then to leave me the f**k alone. He started pushing me. I pushed him back. I accidentally knocked his hat off his head. He said NOBODY touches his hat, and tried to punch me. I blocked his blow, the adrenaline flows, my senses go into hyperdrive. I only fought in defense, because I knew that if I hit him, it would have been the best feeling in to world. I wouldnt be able to stop. He thought he had won because he struck my ear, but I hadnt given an inch of ground, so he gave up and walked away.
We drew a crowd of gawkers, but luckily none of them were the kind who would report us.
Why does he persist in thinking he won, walking around so smug? I had the true victory in this. I didnt give in to his intimidation, nor did I run to the administration (though if I had done this, they'd have had no case against me: I didnt strike him).
What should I do now?

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2005, 7:08 pm

Next time he says something to you about having won, tell him you woulda laid him flat, but that you didn't want to humiliate HIM. hehe

Something along those lines.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2005, 7:59 pm

Weird about the hat thing. Maybe he's losing his hair. Good one!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2005, 9:14 pm

I dislike most skaters, punks, etc.

Anyways, a witty comeback to his bragging about an alleged victory might further aggrivate him. People like to think they've won, it makes them feel superior. If another fight happens, kick'em where it hurts :wink: and run. There's no way to counterstrike against that strategy. Then again, a witty comeback would be funny. But risky. Risky's such a fun word to say. Risky. Risky. Oh, sorry. Umm...
"Kick his ass, seabass!" - Dumb and Dumber

Morlock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2005, 10:25 pm

Not like I dislike all skaters, or punks, its just taht this person is personality type I find to be intolerable, though I try to be a tolerant person. As for striking him, Solipsist, that is NOT an option for me, though I long to lay him out flat. As it stood, I had a meltdown later in French class, tore up a test, walked out, and talked to Mrs Marshall (one of the autism resource people, a good friend)