Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Live330
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2015, 3:47 am

Anyone else have strangely intense night terrors as a child?

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Oct 2015, 3:11 pm

I had some pretty vivid nightmares that really scared me.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 9:33 pm

not as a child, but about a year ago i was having frequent "scream dreams" ABOUT my childhood. they seem to have stopped though.

Aimee529
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Oct 2015, 10:20 pm

Not night terrors, but nightmares yes!! ! When I was in 6th grade we read the Diary of Anne Frank and visited a traveling Holocaust museum. For the next 2 decades I had a periodic re-occurring nightmare of being put into an oven at a concentration camp. I used to wake my sister up in the middle of the night and jump to her bed because I couldn't go around the corner to Mom and Dad's room because the Natzi under my bed might get me... And I am not even Jewish... We will definitely be waiting a looonnngggg time to expose our kids to WW2 and the Holocaust! I was definitely not ready!! !

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 11:27 pm

Only some nightmares, and I think I can pin them down to being triggered whenever I felt cold or had a severe gut ache at a point when I was already asleep. These triggered nightmares for some reason, but other than that, nightmares or night terrors were never really an issue for me.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 12:39 pm

I´m not certain about what night terror is...but I remember my fear of wolves under the bed and many of my nightmares. They were pretty surrealistic and emotionally very intense - and usually it was rather clear what they were about - apart from the one, where a brontosaurus was towering over our thatched roof!! !
In my teens I also had scream dreams - about being murdered and about dead bodies and stuff like that.
Very existential.
Today, I´ve often murdered someone and it´s awful, but of course I try to avoid being caught.
This night Johnny Depp was the suspicious cop.

Last edited by Jensen on 23 Oct 2015, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 2:07 pm

Hell yes - as a kid it got so bad that even the sleeping pills the doc gave my parents wouldn't work so my dad resorted to giving me a big sip of rum before bed to get me to pass out. You have no idea the number of times my parents had to turn on all the lights in the house at 3am and look under my bed to assure me that there's no monster in the house trying to get me.

To this day I sleep with the blankets almost over my head because of the night fears I have and the vivid dreams / nightmares I get to enjoy.

My wife won't let me watch any horror movies or any shows about aliens before bed. For reasons unknown I've always been mortified of aliens. 8O