Keep dreaming about being ostracized or humiliated

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 12:41 am

I keep having dreams where I'm noticeably being left out of a group, or even just 2 other people, namely cousins I don't see any more or old classmates who I haven't seen since I left school. I don't even think about them, so I don't know why they keep popping into my dreams.

In these dreams I get really upset and very frustrated because these people are saying and doing stuff and not including me, and I'm literally feeling isolated and depressed.

Also I have dreams where I'm getting really angry in a crowded public place, and I'm pushing people out of the way and yelling and just making a complete spectacle of myself. Then I spend the rest of the dream regretting how I behaved and feeling really ashamed and embarrassed.

When I wake up it takes a few seconds to realize that it was just a dream, then I feel relieved that it didn't happen in real life.

What do these sorts of dreams mean? I'm not really that socially isolated in real life any more, and I don't do embarrassing things in public. Could these dreams be a reflection of my social anxiety? Does anyone else get dreams like these?

IDoH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Nov 2015, 11:09 am

I often have dreams where I'm wandering around a new school, feeling quite lost. Sometimes, I'm a student. More recently, I'm just taking a walk around the school. It always ends with me needing a ride home, not getting one, not sure which bus to get on, calling a taxi, etc. It's only recently that I've been with teachers that are sympathetic towards me. You're not the only one who gets that sort of dream.

We don't always dream about the present. Sometimes, we also dream about the past, or our fears. So, yes, in part, those dreams are probably your social anxiety.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 12:49 pm

I kind of have embarrassing dreams like you do because I do things that I wouldn't normally do IRL. I usually blurt something out at inappropriate times and then people would give me strange looks. I also do some really dumb and impulsive things that I wouldn't normally do and I feel so relieved after I realize it was just a dream.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Nov 2015, 8:46 pm

I do have some dreams where I'm reliving past experiences of being embarrassed but I also have dreams where I'm being attacked.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition