Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

zchong
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2015, 5:37 pm

Having you ever been in a position of leadership? If you did, what did you do?

[url]https://tvbookfilmreviewers.wordpress.com/
[/url]
https://writersrandomideas.wordpress.com/
https://justanotherstupidblogsite.wordpress.com/

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 6:04 pm

Before I knew I was an aspie. I did several leadership roles. including directing plays, choreographing dances and managing electrical engineering projects. And all I can tell you is. If you don't have some kind of power/ego trip driving you(which I seldom do.). It can be extremely stressful. I hate doing electrical engineering projects because they are the most stressful and I'm only call to do such jobs because of my expertise in this field and it pays good. Directing plays is more of an ego trip for me. Most of the actors hate me and even though I feel guilty for being egotistical. I tend to do a good job at it and I will say having an ego helps with taking the stress out of the job.

FizzyOrange
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2015, 6:36 pm

Assistant manager... I was not fit for it and left after being in charge for about three days.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 1:45 am

yes, Ironically bar manager! Was always nervous but never showed it, seems now i know why! But was good at keeping staff, as i treated them well.... Also was with Coastguard for 13 years, taught the jetski Crew and was the Coxswain... Led the crew until a moral dilemma forced me to leave. Which was a shame as this was a real focus and interest of mine :(

SavageMessiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2016, 2:25 am

Lead by example. Even if you don't, results speak for themselves.

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

01 Jan 2016, 6:11 am

I was the lead programmer on many projects. Being a leader requires setting priorities, assigning tasks, making unpopular decisions and doing the work that no else wants to do. You are accountable to those above you and below on the team.

I felt like a pinata. People would come by and take swipes at me hoping to get a treat.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jan 2016, 9:15 pm

I was some when I was doing floor-care at WalMart. My supervisor & management kept coming to me for things cuz I was reliable & eventually I was unofficially in charge of the floor-care team when my supervisor & his backup wasn't around.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 9:27 pm

Lead Petty Officer of a 12-person communications center. It was frustrating because whenever someone disagreed with my decisions, they could always go over my head and get a lieutenant involved. Even though the lieutenant usually sided with me, it was the time wasted on dealing wit 'attitudes' that caused me the most trouble.

Lead engineer on several design projects. Even when I gave clearly-defined standards and expectations, there was always at least one person who believed that he or she had a better idea. Sometimes they did; mostly they didn't.

The keys are to inspire others, lead by example, communicate clear expectations, be open to new ideas, and watch your back - the smiling face that agrees with your every word will likely hide the mind of a person intent on taking your job.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.