Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

dyen11
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2016, 9:03 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm a 22 year old male who's never been tested for Asperger's or autism, but suffer from moderate social anxiety from time to time. Though my social skills are okay, my friend group is pretty much nonexistent. The only people who I hang out with are my family, and a few acquaintances. At college I feel isolated from time to time. I'm the guy who never goes out on Friday nights. So in the last month, I've met with a psychologist at my university and hope to join a social skills group. As a 4th year, it's sort of late for me to change myself and I have other priorities. Nevertheless, it's been a huge AHA moment.

I haven't told anybody about this, except for my friend with OCD. So I've been looking for a community whom I can share my struggles with, as well as some minor achievements(steps I've taken). Most people here seem to have some sense of privacy, so I don't feel uncomfortable disclosing my information.

Some of my hobbies include daily meditation, swing dancing, working out, and collecting instrumental songs. I try to get out of the house as much as I can and actively distance myself from the computer(thought that rarely happens)

If you are a college student with ADHD, autism, OCD, ect and want to make small talk: PM me. I want to learn as much as I can about the non-NT people in this community.

Quick question: Is there a thread for flirting on this forum? :heart: :wink:

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 9:14 pm

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time on this forum. Just a suggestion: you might want to get your thread moved to the Getting to Know Each Other sub-forum, where new member introductions usually go. You can ask to get it moved here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=237032 if you want. About the flirting: do you mean a thread about flirting or a thread where you flirt? I'm sure you'll find something in the Love and Dating section. Again, welcome, and we're glad you're here! :D