Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 7:07 pm

From small to big to things that NTs (or most non spectrum would blink an eye at get to me BAD!)

small: Subway didn't have white bread had to choose a different bread. OMG! Sort of dumb founded shocked. But the other bread tasted ok for this time.

Big: This would bother most NTs but probably not to the degree it did me (with having AS). I suffer HUGE Social anxiety/regular anxiety etc. a 4:30 leave TN trip turned into WAITING FOR A 3HR DELAYED PLANE! Finally able to reach FL about 9PM (left TN about 7:30!) Panic OMG! I was pacing back and forth! Mom kept insisting sit down watch Netflix on your phone play your DS I said No! and kept pacing people were staring mom said. I couldn't tell IMO OMG! Plane late OMG! what to do! OMG! IMO personally Netflix is at home on couch/in room PEACEFUL same for DS games house/bedroom not hectic together like cattle it was VERY crowded too! I HATE crowdedness!! !

I'm HOPING to possibly in the future I WANT to do a solo trip from FL to AZ but not sure I could handle the airport stress/anxiety. Rather it be solo me/this friend (meet her in her home state AZ) She has AS too so we understand each others anxieties been friends 6+ years just getting through that HURDLE of the PSYCHO airport! :-(

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 7:15 pm

I can't deal with change, it causes a lot of confusion and anxiety, even when i pretend that it does't affect me it still does.

I ended up in a hospital after my grandmother died due to metldowns and suicide attempts, and all that happened a month after her death. I cant function when change happens, i litterally cannot deal with it, as much as i want to i cant.. my brain goes nuts and i either meltdown, shut down or burn out. small changes like a change in food orders, change in room setting, or a change in general routine just causes a bit of a panic attack or shut downs. I never deal with change with grace.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 7:22 pm

I know what you mean. My wife's son died almost ten years ago.

I didn't react well to it. I was very selfish. My wife had to separate herself from me because of my selfishness.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 10:22 pm

I'm having a harder time dealing with change. Aspects of my industry are changing very quickly and I'm having great difficulty adapting to things. Some of it is the aural processing issues I have with the human voice and some of it is the timing of conversations is getting worse because of the need to have long distance video conferencing and the inherent latency issues. Having to completely change presentation methods. The more that is happening, the more I just want to withdraw. It's reinforcing my tendencies to doing things by ritual. And the ritual is getting bad along with the hyperfocus.

Came home last night after working at a place for the day. Really, really stressed and exhausted for the long day in showtime mode, coupled with lot of technical issues and other changes. My wife was out with friends and left a pan of fresh Chinese raisin bread. I rode the train home, knew I wanted my soup and crackers. I can eat that. Been hitting the savory sauce for a few days. Quick microwave, bunches of crackers, read the interwebby. Came into the house, picked up the can of soup (Which was right by the bread) and never saw it.

I got a text later about the bread. I couldn't make any sense of it since I had not seen the bread. Right in front of me in plain sight. I saw it today.

My stomach knots up days before I have to go out and do any interactions with people. Yes, days...My life is that scheduled. Not busy, but scheduled. If not scheduled, it ain't getting done.

My wardrobe only gets changed (new clothes...not dirty or lack of hygiene) when it's too damaged to wear. Not wear in public, but to wear. Around the house. By myself. I will tape, repair, glue and wire things together until they fall apart.

Edit: The job I referred to...here's the kicker. It's a great place to work. Not much work, but, it is work when it happens. They are good people and there is no friction. Yet, at least. I seem to have a way of bringing that out in people as well. And, that causes a whole new set of changes. Just tired of it all.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 5:54 am

I know what you mean by Subway not having the right bread. I always get the same exact sandwich with honey oat bread. And if they were out of honey oat it would really mess me up.

For airports and airplane trips, I take Xanax. Otherwise I could not deal with it.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 11:45 am

EzraS wrote:
I know what you mean by Subway not having the right bread. I always get the same exact sandwich with honey oat bread. And if they were out of honey oat it would really mess me up.

For airports and airplane trips, I take Xanax. Otherwise I could not deal with it.

I take Lexapro now since Christmas but not sure even THAT is enough of an anxiety medication to cope with something as BIG as airport anxiety/stress. Especially being alone. A Dec. 2014 Family trip and 3hr. waiting on a plane from TN (back home to FL) I was pacing back forth vs. IMO BORING sitting down with Netflix/video games. Probably looked suspicious but I DON'T CARE! My anxiety was THROUGH THE ROOF! a 4:30 plane home turned into 3hrs. later FINALLY LEAVING TN AT 7:30 COME ON! SHEESH! A HUGE CHANGE I just couldn't handle emotionally.

The anxiety pill I started Dec. 2015 but not even sure that's enough to handle an airport. :-(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 11:57 am

I don't do change very well. It was just as hard for me to go through a transformation over the past 8 weeks as it was for me to go through one in Late 2009/Early 2010. A transformation that's very crucial.